Hot Rod Forum banner

oil leak

840 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BstMech 
#1 ·
I have a 327 in my '72 blazer it started at high rpms to blow oil out some were on the passanger side of the motor (and burn on the header making it very warm in side) any ideas? i have a trail ride new years and need to work on it today.

#4 ·
Chrome covers are known for leaking. Chrome itself is a lubricant. That's why most bolts loosen up unless you file them a little.
I usually sand the gasket edge a little and use a gasket shellac to hole the gasket to the valve cover,with good spreaders to hold the cover down.
I use alumium covers for the reason they do not deflect from the load pressure of the bolt,and get rid of heat faster.
Everyone has their own thing for gaskets. Silicone is not recommended with a gasket, it will slide out from underneath. Hope this helped you a little. Good Luck.

#5 ·
Check the bolt on front of the motor block pass. side just above the pan (the one you use to hold the fuel pump rod in when changing a fuel pump), I had one do the exact same thing, in fact it covered my roof too(no hood). :D If it's missing, it'll only do it at high RPMs. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.