oil leak - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2006, 08:41 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

oil leak

OK ill start at the beginning about three months ago i chanced my oil in my truck an i noticed that it was about i quart low
hmmm that's weird i thought to my self because i don't think i have a leak any where so as i changed my oil i looked all around the motor for a greasy spot and nothing
and im pretty sure I'm not burning any oil so i checked my spark plugs they where all nice and tan no black plugs
hmmm
so i guess ill just watch and see if i cant find out where its going
so i continue with the oil change and drive my truck for the next month checking the oil every time i fill up with gas i could tell i was loosing oil just a little each time i filled with gas
so i would just add a little oil when needed
un till last week when i had a mustang pull up next to me revving his motor at the stop light
and most of the time i just ignore these guys because i know ill blow there doors off plus im still paying for the last ticket i got drag racing on the street
any how ilooked over at the guy and seen he had this hot chick with him
i wasn't gonna let this guy show off to his chick on me
nooooo way bud
when the light turned green i hit it hard pulling the front wheels off the ground when i grabbed second my oil light came on i looked at my oil presser gauge i had 0 oil presser i backed off and killed the motor
at this point i am pist off first i am thinking i just trashed my motor i just built last winter and pist off because i had to let that guy in the stang go
i checked my oil level and sure enough i was low on oil about a quart low
and i had just checked it the night befor on the way home from work
so i get some oil start the motor oil presser is up where it should be so i continue to drive to work slowly and drove home slowly from work and on the way home i stopped my my buddies house and left the motor running while i ran up to the door and back
when i came back to the truck i seen oil under the truck
at first i was freaked out but at the same time the oil leak finally showed its self
the oil was coming out of my radiator over flow bottle
now how does this happen
the oil in my motor isn't creamy
could this be a cracked head or blown head gasket where the oil presser is some how getting to my cooling ports
and if so what would be a good way to test and see if that's it
has anyone ever seen this befor???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2006, 06:56 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

Oh man please stop your killin my stomach. ROFL
Old 05-19-2006, 06:44 PM

yeah it is funny
but i still have no ideals on how oil is getting in the cooling system
Old 05-19-2006, 09:02 PM

Last photo:

it could be you forgot to remove the jack from under the front end after doing that wheel stand from a stop light.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:45 PM

good one doublevision
Old 05-31-2006, 10:16 PM

Well i found out what the oil leak was (blown head gaskets) do to the turbo charger waist gate not working properly, bad sencer.
And you was almost right doublevision about my wheel stands
It wasn't the Jack ! Its was your big ***** momma that i ran over i cant believe she thought she could make it
I found some of her teeth in one of my slicks
i could mail them to you if you like
Old 05-31-2006, 11:39 PM

Last photo:

Snick

After reading about your oil leak problems and some of the answers I suggest going with all mechanical gauges & check the head's & deck & use high quality head gaskets. If your using aluminum head's with a cast block I would go with a Teflon permatork or equivalent head gasket. PS sound's like a really fun hotrod. :
Old 06-01-2006, 06:39 AM

Last photo:

A cold set of slicks picked the wheels up, and it did it with blown head gaskets? Slicks on the street? is the truck a automatic? if so are you running about a 4000 stall converter? is the truck full sized? by the way you talk about another persons mother, you have got to be a kid with a imagnation about the size of a typical kid. If not you think like one. Something smells here, and it`s likely your breath where you forgot to wipe.

Last edited by DoubleVision; 06-01-2006 at 06:49 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:37 PM

nope just a little Mazda b2200 with LS1 motor with T56 six-speed manual i pulled out of a 03 vet that was a highway patrol car from fort worth Texas
and a Dana 60 narrowed rear end, 40 spline axles, 13" R25A cmpd Hoosier slicks.
i could go on but i don't need to prove to you that my truck will pull the wheels off the ground
besides you probably just jealous because your ride wont even stretch the front suspension
your probably one of those guys that doesnt even have a ride you probably drive a mini van with a nos sticker on the back glass
or thinks hes cool because you have grandmas leadslead
that's so heavy it cant get out of its own way.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:48 PM

thanks snick
but the trouble was i had something happen and my waist gate didn't function properly is all that i can think of i had her wound tighter than a 2 dollar watch when when i launched part of it was my fault
no big deal i have new gaskets on the way and my heads are getting checked out
plus we are haven great weather down hear in Texas so i have been ridding the bike to work.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

First off, rb8179 your new here so Id be careful about who you offend around here. You'll find it hard to find help around here when you start off with a mean streak, especially with the big guns.

Secondly, street racing is frowned up around here. Yes we know it happens, but we refrain from bring it up in discussions unless we are talking about issues regarding street racing directly. For the benefit of the more impressionable readers, just tell us your at the track when these things happen. If you have a vehicle that can truly lift the front wheels off the ground, it shows a great deal of irresponsibility to be racing it like that on the street.

Third. You act like you already have a great deal of knowledge. I hope this is true. However it is my impression (partly due to the nature of this question) that you still have quite a bit to learn (as many of us do).

Good luck with your vehicle and I hope future postings can be friendlier in nature.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:07 AM

Last photo:

Your perfectly right, you don`t have to prove anything to me, just like you`ll never prove you yanked the wheels on cold slicks with blown head gaskets. Slicks don`t hook that great on pavement to start with, but yours do? they hooked so well it yanked the wheels and didn`t veer one lane or the other?
From someone like myself who`s hung around drag strips for years your story isn`t very convincing. A Pickup is light in the rear, especially little mazda`s which makes it even harder to believe. On ideal conditions with heated slicks I don`t doubt at all it would pull them, but on cold slicks with blown head gaskets? Lastly you should learn to use spell check, it may help cover up your inability to spell.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.