Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Oil Pressure Switch and Temp Sending unit
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 07:19 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Oil Pressure Switch and Temp Sending unit

I purchased a Nordskog Digital Dash unit (DP0002B) for my '72 Nova 350 and had some questions about some wiring that I was unsure of and posted a question in the Electrical Category, those guys helped me out with that ( Help with Digital Dash Install ). But now I have 2 other issues.

My problem is that when I was installing the temp Sending unit that came with the Dash (Nordskog part # S8013) I got the wrench too close to the end of the unit and broke it right off. I was wondering instead of having to wait and order a new unit does anyone know if I can use a standard GM Temp Sending Unit? The sending unit they gave me is here:

http://www.nordskogperformance.net/p...ding/index.htm

My second problem is the oil pressure switch (Nordskog part #S8014) that they gave me to use is too large and hits the back of the intake manifold so it wont screw in. The Sending Unit is listed right below the Temp sending unit on the link above. I dont know if I can attempt to get an adapter to relocate the oil pressure switch because I dont have alot of room behind the engine and if I get an adapter that is too high, it will hit the distributor. I was again wondering if I can use a GM sender for this or not. I attempted to call Nordskog yesterday but they were closed. I was hoping to have this project wrapped up this weekend, but it doesnt appear that its going to happen.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks
Jim

Last edited by jvgrago; 05-18-2008 at 07:24 AM.