Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ok, a few more stupid questions about this top.
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Oh yeah, another question. This one on the stapler. I went to the hardware store and found that they don't have any pneumatic staplers that use the staple like I found in the top when I tore it down. They were the normal 1/2" wide or so quarter inch deep staple. I forget the terminology but they were half as wide.

Can you literally hand staple these tops? I have a high quality hand stapler but haven't tried any tests, is there hope to just hand staple it?

How about stainless staples so they don't rust, is there such a thing?

Brian
Yes, there are stainless steel staples available for most staplers. Hand stapling would be difficult, but not impossible, they used to put them on with tacks and a tack hammer. I generally use my BEA gun (the blue one on the right) with stainless staples for tops, but the Central Pneumatic 96359 shoots Arrow T-50 staples, and would work also. There are stainless staples for it also. You could also buy a DuoFast electric stapler that shoots T-50 staples.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1336.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	66037   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1337.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	66038  

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.

Last edited by DanTwoLakes; 06-13-2012 at 07:22 AM.