Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ok, a few more stupid questions about this top.
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,031 Posts
Ok, how does this top look? I have it sitting in the sun on top of the wife's Family Truckster. It's looking a LOT better but still funky, is this something that will flatten out when it is stretched out on the top?

And how about this rear window difference, I am assuming I want one like on the right with the longer side curtains. What do you say?

The original top pads don't even come close to fitting back on the bows where they were. With it on the header as it was, the next bow lines up, the next one is a little off and by the time it gets back to the rear it is off by a few inches. But the measurements are all right on the money so it must be the pads that have shrunken?

This is the third bow and you can see light thru the hole where it was screwed to the bow, it is off about an inch.

This is the last bow, now It's just laying on the bows and I'm not stretching it but I would think it should reach.

Is it common to have to use this many staples? This is the rear pad where it meets the rear bow. I have to assume that it's normal being you staple the pads, then you staple the curtain, then you staple the top, it's pretty much normal?

In looking at the window that has the odd brown marks on it I am thinking it almost looks like it was tinted and the brown is failing somehow?

Brian