Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ok, a few more stupid questions about this top.
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes
While you can use windlace sponge rod to make the finished edge, the original top would have had extruded plastic header welt (also called header strip) sewn inside of the fabric. It is still available from ARO convertible tops:
CLICK HERE

If you saved the old stuff from the original top, you can have the new fabric sewn to it. I think it looks way better than anything round to finish off the top in front.

Here's what it looks like:
Ahhhh, yes I think I will get that stuff, easy enough, looks like it would be much easier than the "windlace sponge rod" as I believe what I have in my hand in the photo from my previous post? Just to be certain I went out and checked my old top junk and yes they used a windlace sponge rod on the header.

The "windlace sponge rod" is what I will be using at the rear bow for sure though right?

I am blown away at this "tuning" the stapler, I am so glad I didn't go crazy last night before posted about it. So tell me, my wife said "Well now it won't be good for anything else". I am seeing her point in that it won't work good on something like stapling plywood backing on as timothale mentioned. But as I told my wife if I toss that stapler in the garbage after I am done with the top I would be fine with that too. But it's uses will be limited won't it?

Dan, am I mistaken on what you called "wire" in an earlier post? You were referring to the windlace sponge rod weren't you?

Brian