Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ok, a few more stupid questions about this top.
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,161 Times in 1,024 Posts
Thank you Dan, I think it may be a way to go as others have done it and it makes sense when you think about it. So I will make a decision based on what I find when I cut down the pressure. I have also heard (you may have said it) to simply not push down hard on the material when you hit the trigger. Typically when I have seen these tools used you are pushing material together with pressure on the gun down on the material when you pull the trigger. This is how I was doing it on those first few staples. I remember hearing some where to not put such pressure so the staple doesn't cut thru the material, do you do this?

I know I can go out and experiment and I will do that tonight, I am just trying to get more info on how you guys do it.

Here is a photo of a 65 Impala I took at the Goodguys. This is obviously a poor example but this is that header welt you have shown me? I am pretty sure my old top had the wire on up on the header as I remember. I will dig thru my old top stuff tonight but I think that is what they had. Never-the-less, I want to use that stuff you have shown me. I can put the top on and add that later when I get it in the mail right? That is going to go, last thing over the end of the header once the top is all stapled in, correct?

Brian