Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ok, a few more stupid questions about this top.
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

By the way, there was one thing I went against your suggestion Dan. I decided to put the top well over the top of the trim stick stapling it on the back side as the factory did. I don't have a way to finish off the well nice sewing it or something so I decided to do as they did originally. This was a for sure once I saw a 65 LeMans the other day with a well screwed to the trim stick where you could see the trim stick. I figured I would fight with it over the top, what the heck I needed the experience right?
Well so far it ends up not being a big deal as you need to go in thru the trunk anyway to get to the bolts realistically anyway. At least I think I probably would have done that even with no well being it's nice and comfy laying in the trunk with a carpet pad as a pillow up by the pump motor. But anyway after removing it six or seven times it really isn't a big deal at all, I have gotten pretty good at it.

Brian