Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ok, a few more stupid questions about this top.
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Dan, you know me all too well. Ok, a story, you know you have to put up with a story when it comes to me. I was just trying to make a living with my little body shop and it wasn't easy being I am a horrible businessman. Anyway one day I was buffing out a car with my beautiful new expensive buffer and it stopped working. They had a recall sort of issue with the switch that they already had replaced for free. This cost me time and money and I was finally back to getting some work done. So there I am buffing when it stops, the damn thing stopped again! In my fit of anger (and I NEVER do this sort of stupid thing, mostly just yell obscenities) I turned around and BEAT it against the concrete wall that was next to me. Just one time, but during the swing in that direction I saw my heat lamp across the shop was out! I knew what this meant, a tripped breaker, but I couldn't stop my swing, it was in motion and slammed the buffer into the wall. I went and flipped the breaker and walked back to pickup the buffer and hit the switch, aaggggggggg was all it did, I had bent the armature. What a moron.

Brian