Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ok, a few more stupid questions about this top.
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,051 Posts
Next stupid questions.

This strip of material that goes across the top at bow behind the header goes into that bow and held with that strip of metal. Just how much of that strip of material should be caught in that strip of metal? Are we talking it needs to be buried in it with the excess hanging out the front of the metal strip? Or is just a half inch or so enough which seems like it would be, that strip is pressed in there sucked by the screws and I think if the material is caught at the back side of the metal strip and bow it should be good enough.

It seems like there is a little conflict between having the top back enough to fit at the rear and side flaps at the back of the quarter windows and forward enough to get a good bite on that material under the metal strip on that second bow. Sorry for the crappy photo I didn't see how bad it was until just now.

And I know we mentioned the zipper and just letting it hang but it seems that driving with the windows down and top up these zippers would be blowing all over damaging things. How do you keep them from doing that? Should they be stapled to the side trim sticks?

Thanks for all your help! From what the side rear corners look like before I staple it to the trim stick, I am guessing I will have the trim sticks out and re-adjusting those pieces and re-stapling about 62 times, yeah, I am thinking 62 times.

Brian