Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ok, a few more stupid questions about this top.
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,165 Times in 1,027 Posts
By the way I know understand the importance of that rear bow location! I couldn't understand why it was such a big deal, NOW I understand! I figured that bow goes up and down, the top will fold up and down no matter if that bow was an inch forward or back, what is the big deal I thought. But you have NO ROOM for error being that second to the front how holds that loop of cloth on the underside of the top that limits where that top can go, that and the flaps at the quarter window rails that top simply has to be put in one very narrow area, VERY narrow, you have no room for error. The location of rear bow to the second bow is what is most important. The rear bow height is going to fall into place but that darn distance between the second and the last bow has GOT TO BE right on. When I went back and found that one side was down a little I corrected it and boy o boy am I glad I did! That little seam at sewn into the top at the end of the rear upper valance wouldn't have been anywhere near that bow! I would have to put the wire on below it, man would that have looked like crap. Actually I would have pulled it all off and done it over. But yes that is very critical.

Brian