Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ok, a few more stupid questions about this top.
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 10:31 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Wow!

Hi Brian,

You've made HUGE progress there! If I can ever get my top to look even close to that, I'll be pleased. Congrats!

I gotta ask - did you have to take those rear trim sticks out and re-staple them A LOT? Mine has the single piece rear stick and I have had that sucker out probably 10 times. It is not easy to get out either! I am hoping that if I just keep trying, I'll eventually get it right - make up for lack of experience with sheer footwork...

My top looks right now like yours did a week or two ago, but I've got slightly different problems:

1. I am not exactly sure where the sail panels should cross the rear window on each side. Is there a measurement out there for a 71 Chevelle that would help me out? Or is this just a "make it look right" kinda thing? The markings from my old curtain were off-center (more space on one side than the other), so I can't really use them.
  2. I have an annoying "lump" of fabric above the rear bow - it goes all the way across between the side seams, but isn't a big enough pocket to fit the whole rear bow into it. It just doesn't seem to go away.
I'll post some pictures for help (and plenty of laughs, I am sure ) tomorrow or Friday - but I just wanted to make sure I told you - NICE JOB!

-Mark