Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ok, a few more stupid questions about this top.
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 08:01 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes View Post
So what you're saying is that this top is not really attached to anything except with spring clamps? You can do what you're doing with spring clamps forever and it will never look right. You have to anchor it to the trim sticks in the back corners to be able to pull any wrinkles out to the front.

Do you have the old top? Where were the holes in the rear sail panels that are attached to the trim sticks? Measure the old top and transfer those measurements to the new top with chalk only and start from there. The tops I buy are marked where the holes in the trim sticks go. That's where to start.
No, no... I've got a single piece trim stick (no bolt holes to cut). The top is stapled at the trim stick and clamped with those flaps on the very front of the sail panels. I haven't tried stapling it to the header bow yet.

Take a look at the attached and you'll see what I mean.

Brian, that's really a good comparison... It is a little like a drum - I just wish I knew how tight to make it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	top_bump_6.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	67605   Click image for larger version

Name:	top_bump_7.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	67606