Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ok, a few more stupid questions about this top.
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:47 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hi Brian - Great job! That's looking like an excellent top installation!

I had to go out of town for a while so I haven't had much time to work on mine. Oh yeah and it has rained for 5 days straight, so I can't take it out to get some good pictures of it.

Anyhow, here are some older pictures (I made a little progress since then) from the garage. I took the photos from the worst possible angles to show you guys where I am really concerned about the top install. Without further delay:

The "good":

The "not-so-bad" (note the annoying line created by the cable pocket - it isn't the cable, it is the top edge of the pocket!!):

The "uh-oh":

The "ugly"... Please make suggestions on this one. It is pretty tight up front (I have to put some pressure on the top to get it to close). The sides are as tight as they really need to be. I don't know where to take out the slack. Also, just as a note, my top doesn't have the darts that Brian's does, so cutting and adjusting is not really an option.

I'll be putting up some more pics when the weather gets a little better. I am really amazed how good this thing looks from 10 feet away, but under the right (wrong) lighting, you can definitely still see some issues.

Just like Brian mentioned, I don't think I could have made it this far without you guys' help and ideas!

Thanks,
Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	top_bump_15.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	67773   Click image for larger version

Name:	top_bump_16.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	67774   Click image for larger version