ok it was good while it lasted. lets get the hell outta iraq! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2005, 08:50 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

ok it was good while it lasted. lets get the hell outta iraq!

yeah, i didnt think we shoulda gone in there but we did and it turned out good in the end. but now it's time to get the hell outta there. the only reason the terrorists are killing us is cause we are there. i think we need to get out to prove we only went in temporarily. email your congressman and senator and tell them we proved our point, they can take care of themselves and get out by the time the rest of europe leaves,, the end of the year. cool? i
m asking this as a favor cause i'm tired of seeing all the dead on cbs news every night and hearing about their little kids that poped out that they never saw before. there are over 10K wounded and i bet most of them cant walk. there is no reason anymore to be there cause if we leave nobody will want to join the alkida. if they coulda got to us by now they wouldof f them. the iraqi people can either put up or shut up, we cleaned their house now they can do the maid service themselves. you can go to google and get all your representatives' email addresses. if i get to work tomorrow i will post it here. remember you always have to give them your zip code when you email them, try 00000 (btw that's the v.i.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

I'd love to get out of there too man, and I definitely will agree with you that we desperately need some honesty from the top and a solid exit plan. Honestly, I just don't see where the outrage is about all this... we'll believe anything we're told, I guess.

All that aside, we're in it now, for better or worse. We've made this bed and as far as I can tell we're forced to sleep in it now. The only way we're going to get this over and done with is if we can install our damned government over there, get them to train their own defense force, defeat their own enemies and start selling us low-dollar barrels of oil so that we can recoup our economic losses in this thing. Lets not kid ourselves, that's what needs to happen.

K
Old 07-15-2005, 12:41 AM

Last journal entry: Grille
Last photo:

people are just a bunch of sheep, theyre being led by a drunk herdman
Old 07-15-2005, 05:39 AM
The AMC, FORD, & CHEVY Guy??!!

Last wiki edit: Improving fuel economy
Last journal entry: Finally on the road
Last photo:

Bullheimer, did you read the modest proposal thread? Some really good discussion there. If not, here's the link & an edited copy of my post in it.

I will disagree that we need to withdraw.

During the cold war, the US had troops stationed all over the world. We were holding off communism in Vietnam, Germany, Korea, and staving off Fascism in Japan. Now lets take a look at how successful these campaigns were. In West Germany, capitalism was flourishing. Mercedes, BMW, Volkswagen all doing great. East Germany?? You had ghettos and people dying almost everyday along the Berlin Wall. Did we pull out and let the Russians ruin all hope for the German People? No, and now Germany is one of the richest countries in the world again. Japan, seeing our ways and copying the enemy that bested them turned democratic & capitalist as well. They came into their own, and are a large economic superpowers.

Korea is the elephant in the room no one is talking about. All you hear is BLAH BLAH North Korea has nukes BLAH BLAH BLAH. What does everyone fail to mention? You guessed it, the US military has been keeping N. Korea from taking back S. Korea for the better part of a century. The South Koreans have computers, cars, and large corps such as Deuwoo, Kia, Samsung, Hynduea, LG, and many more. What do the North Koreans have? Mud.....trenches....huts....they are still in the 17th century!

Now I'll go ahead and bring up Vietnam, the left loves to use this benchmark to prove that the US military is wrong in trying to fight any modern war. The left created the whole idea of a 'problem' and an 'unwinnable war' (btw, there is no such word 'unwinnable' just goes to show how unintelligent the anti-war people are). If we had stayed in South Vietnam, it would be exactly like Korea is today. One half prospering, the other half trailing by 100 years; we would be buying cell phones and cars made in Vietnam instead of Korea.

I know that was alot of history, but it proves that all of the liberals need to reshape your thinking, you are still stuck in the mindset that we are fighting countries united under one flag. We are trying to fight an unmarked enemy that does not show itself in an organized fashion to the rest of the world. These terrorists have more in common with church burning KKK members than they do with a military. They are nothing more than simpletons filled with rage and hatred. Instead of White & Black substitute Islamic & non Islamic, replace Churches with Twin Towers or London Subway. How did America defeat racists? By stifling them from within. How do we defeat the terrorists? The same way. You have to go wherever they are and stifle their ideas so they cannot spread.

The times have changed, we are not going to have a country rise up and band together to take out another country. Warfare has changed. There is too much money at stake. People say that we have to watch out for China. Well, the same was said about Japan in the 70's and we are no worse off for it. It would be inpractical for China to attack any western countries, they depend on us for economic support.

But I digress. My final statement is that war has changed and some people, mainly on the left side of the political spectrum, have not caught on to that yet. We have already seen in Korea & Germany that we can be successful against an idea. We need to stick to our guns and not allow the terrorists to convince our politicians we need to pull out & let alone.

EDIT: For those of you that don't believe our war is working, and they hate us over there, you should read this article: http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapc...1/afghan.seal/
Old 07-15-2005, 06:42 AM
wind & fire = guides to power

Last photo:

Nice CNN link there NovaMan.

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Afghan villagers sheltered a U.S. Navy SEAL wounded in a battle last month with the Taliban until they could get word to American forces to rescue him, a military official said Monday."

People like that ^^^ follow are true Muslims.

"According to military accounts, Taliban fighters came to the village and demanded the American be turned over, but villagers refused."

^^^ I bet if the US Military or police wanted somebody and the people didn't give that person up there would be a standoff. who is more free? who uses force more to get their goals?
Old 07-15-2005, 10:02 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

well there's no doubt the US govt thinks we are and should be the worlds police dept. i'm totally against that. i dont think anybody except numbnuts Bush thought his plan would work and that they would vote BUT THEY DID so cudo's! From what i've read england and all the rest of the world who have troops there are pulling them out at the end of the year. i think they have more than enough time and also we should definitely NOT be the only ones over there! i have seen enough stories on why the ONLY reason they are going to iraq is to kill us. I also firmly believe that that has kept them from coming over here, but i am starting to believe if we leave they WONT COME HERE, that is, they only want to kill us because we are in Iraq and once we leave they will go back to their crappy mid-eastern lives. Having no definite pull out time is just the perfect gateway for another 12 year war like nam.

and you are right about north korea! what in hell is bush thinking not droping a bomb on their mfg facility? the jews did it to who was it lybia or syria about 10 years ago, that was the right thing to do. that is the only way we should have to try to be the worlds police, just be dropping a bomb here or there, like on saddams head. it coulda been done w/o us going there full force.
I might think differently too if we had lots of solders who want to be there, but the way it is now with reservists being stuck over there for years at a time, (back door draft) thats not right

here is the link to contact your congressman/senator for any state you live in. you can tell them you want to stay in iraq for all i care, tell them to end the war on drugs to while yer at it. http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

i read your link to your thread cboy and i totally agree with pulling out of the interior and going next door, or just camping out on the border. i even wrote to GW to that affect right after they caught saddummy. that would be the next best thing to a total pull out. but when england goes, we gotta go to.
NXS! goals?? i'm still trying to figure out what the goal was for going to iraq in the first place!

Last edited by bullheimer; 07-15-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78novaman
In West Germany, capitalism was flourishing. Mercedes, BMW, Volkswagen all doing great.
Yeah look at it now. Mercedes,and BMW are built in Alabama and VW is built in Mexico.....btw Hyundai just opened a plant in Alabama last year also. And Kia is thinking about doing the same.(You did know that Hyundai and Kia are the same company right?)

Later,
WEIMER

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.