Hot Rod Forum banner

Ok guys need your help again

905 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  EOD Guy 
#1 ·
Question 1 I have a universal 20 circuit rebel wire harness and I'm going to use 3 distribution blocks for running power and acc power and ground know for the acc power I have a 80 amp rely from watsons street works and I have a 70 amp circuit breaker not sure if I use it on the acc circuit ?
2. what size of cb do I use for positive power for my distribution block ?
I have specialty power windows they said 12 amp draw per window .
I also have speciality power windows wipers 12 amp draw also .
My head lights are united pacific h4 55/65 7.7 amp draw on low and 14 amp draw on high .
Autoloc 35 to 50 lbs door solenoids they said 30/40 amp draw
Electric fan 35 amp draw
Vintage air super gen 2 heater ac defrost 30 amp draw
This will be on the positive power to feed the relays
And their will be fuses on the accessory distribution block to each circuit .

3. Do I still need fuses off the positive distribution block feeding the relays plus acc turn on for the relays ?

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
#7 · (Edited)
On mine....... I run all pwr thru a 70 CB (except the starter to batt) and then all circuits have there own fuse or CB protection. Max CB I use for individual circuits..... 40 amp for the dual fans, I calc max amp draw and use that as my guide to determine the right size fuse or CB.

I use relays for the headlights, horn, pwr windows, locks, fuel pump etc.... depending on the circuit determines the relay amp rating....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.