Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ok, here's the debate of the century: 383 or 400 chevy!! Cast your vote and reason
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 09:41 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I Would Have To Concur Both Are Fine, Especially If Its A Matter Of Building What You Have Lying On The Floor. Unlike So Many, I Prefer The 400 Rods Resized With ARP's. This Works Fine , I Gain A Bit Of Bottom End, (At The Cost Of Losing A Bit Of Top End),Have Greatly Reduced Clearance Problems. (I Actually Put A 400 SCAT Crank And 400 Rods In A .040 Over 267 For A 4X4. [Made A 295".] Put Undercut Ferreas And A 300Horse/327 Cam In It. IT HAULS!) If I Were Gonna Use 5.7 Or Longer Rods I Would Use The Aftermarket Tall Deck Blocks With The Raised Cam Location. Also I DO NOT Believe In Boring An Engine To The Max For More Cubes-Especially on A Stroker. The Longer The Stroke The More Side Loading The Piston Exerts On The Wall. Therefore I Prefer The Thickest Possible Walls. Piston Speed Is Also Greater On A Stroker. I Would Sleeve All 8 And Hone To Std. With Plates And Deck To Flatten Before I'd Risk Blowing An Engine From Overstressing Thin Walls. Could Explain Why You Don't Find Any fraud Or slopar Stuff In My Yard!