ok i got a 327 as u know i have a few questions please. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2005, 10:28 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

ok i got a 327 as u know i have a few questions please.

1. Ok first thing is first i got a starter problem i am use ing the regular high torque starter with the double silionid ground (i belive it is.).And i am have ing problems with it the gear on it is messed up and i thnk i have a 153 tooth flywheel and it might be a 168 tooth flywheel. Is there a difrence here the starter is off a 1975 impala 350. And the flywheel is just sumething ive had that is good.

2. The seciond question is can i run nitrious on my motor the spects r its a 63 327 small journal clevite bearings speed pro moly rings 10.1 pistions stock rods magnafluxed and balanced and so r the pistions. The heads r 462 1.94 s and the heads are cut as far as you can go with them with feelpro gaskets stock steel crank victor jr intake 750 double pumper holley and the cam is .291/.291 .530/.530 solid stock ingnition untill i get nitriuos then ill use msd. and too supply the fuel iam useing holleys red pump.
So would nitrious work? If soo how much spray? And any tips please let me know.
Thank You.
Please Reply soon i wont be on long.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2005, 10:37 PM

I hate to be blunt BUT...

if you're having starter/ring gear match problems and double grounded solenoids(whatever that is) and "high torque" 75 Impala starters, you need to slow down a little and get some basic "book-larnin'" under your belt and stop worrying about Nitrous and such nonsense as that.
You're in over your head right now, pull back, figure out the solution to your starting problem and make the car or engine reliable in function FIRST.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:54 AM

if your starter bolt holes are straight across from each other you need the 12 3/4" or 153 tooth flywheel or flexplate.if they are diagonal you need the 14" or 168 tooth flywheel.do not mix them up and engage the starter.having a higher compression motor you should be using the 14" 168 tooth and the diagonal nose on the starter.the starter nose's are interchangeable.the 12 3/4" 153 tooth is only for low compression.when getting into the h.p. i hope you used good small journal rods.some of them had more meat in them than others.i think i'd start with about 150 shot nitrous.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:27 PM

Last photo:

thanks for the replys

Thanks for the replys guys. They really helped out mine are stagerd \. If u can help me out on one more problem i got 10.1 in my motor but i think they might have made a mistake and put forged pistions in it can u help me with this? They got the 4 valve relifs and they aint exactly smoth on the tops the got circle machine marks on them and i seen most cast pistions dont have then and they r smothe and thats what makes me think about them. can u help me with this please?
Old 06-22-2005, 09:33 PM

Last photo:

The machining marks on the piston tops is fine- don't worry about it at all. That's a really big cam for a street 327. What's this engine going in? What transmission? what gear ratio rearend? Did the shop put some good rod bolts in those stock rods? The small journal engines only had 11/32" bolts. I used H beam rods in my Son's 327 and they had 7/16" bolts- overkill but I won't have to worry about them-Dalton's Duece
Old 06-25-2005, 08:12 PM

Last photo:

Thanks for the info and it has

It has 373 gears 350 turbo with shift kit and a spool its bone stock rods any thing i should know?
Old 06-25-2005, 09:32 PM

Last photo:

The 11/32 rod bolts were a weak link from what I've heard, ARP makes a 8740 bolt for them.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.