Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ok welder knowledgable members, what the heck is this?
View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 58
Posts: 15,492
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,316
Thanked 3,732 Times in 2,765 Posts
Ok welder knowledgable members, what the heck is this?

Today I was at a swap meet and came upon this device. It is brand new, it caught my eye among all the old rusty car parts and I was looking at it like a monkey doing a math problem I assume because the owner came over and said "You don't know what that is either huh". Well, I said it's obvious that it mixes gases with the inlets for CO2, Argon and Helium then the one outlet for a mixture of these to come out. But at what ratio? What in the world is the use for this and why? He said he didn't know and asked if I may know someone who does. I told him yes (you guys) and he picked it up and said you can have it. LOL, I asked for his business card so I can let him know what it was. So what do you say, what in the heck is the use for this tool? The words under the blue line read "Gas Mixing System". The words below the three inlet fittings are "Inlet pressure 30 PSIG".

The first google I did I came up with an army surplus place so I am thinking it may be a one off manufacture for the military?

Any guesses?


Reply With Quote