okay guys I need help!! experineced pros - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Southern customs

Wiki Edits: 0

okay guys I need help!! experineced pros

Hello thanks for reading. Im a young guy that has always loved horsepower and toys this is my first build not going to bore you with my life story but to the point im close to being done with this truck just in time for the throttle king qualifying but the more time I spend online and looking through summit the more I see and find out and wonder what if? Or is that worth the money and do I have enough time to add this or change that. Its to the point my head is spinning!!!! At this point some parts left I have to buy are kind of engine or horsepowrr specific I have not put this motor on a dyno and really dont even no a bqll park guess of what its making so I have no idea on these horsep spevif parts my question is does anyone think if I post every spec they could give me a good estimate or have software that will? Also does anyone know of any software thats actuallyaccurate if price wasnt an issuee is there any out there that can get u close? Thanks so much in advance if I get a reply ill post every spec!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Thanked 1,057 Times in 879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbc423 View Post
my question is does anyone think if I post every spec they could give me a good estimate or have software that will? Also does anyone know of any software thats actuallyaccurate if price wasnt an issuee is there any out there that can get u close? Thanks so much in advance if I get a reply ill post every spec!
You'll come a lot closer to getting an answer from the board here if you post the specs.......than if you don't post the specs.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Southern customs

If im missing anything let me know...specs=
400 small block bored .40 over with 421 stroker kit(4.165 boreŚ3.875 stroke) 6 inch rods mahle flat top -5cc( with cut valve pockets of course not sure about them though and can no longer get in touch with machinest) pro comp alluminum heads with 2.02 and 1.60 valves 210 intake runner and 80cc exhaust runner(not enough I know) comp cam 630 lift duration 262/264 106 centerline 1.5 rocker arms super victor intake now the carb is technically a holley 750 but the guys at the CARB SHOP of greenville built it for me I cant tell u exactly what cfm it is I no he took the rear squirter completely out and done alot because with only two streams it moves some fuel!! And a nos 175 shot plate kit ( ive never ran nitrous and im not done plumbing it still havent figured out if im doin a seperatr fuel pump and cell or not) and the fuel pump is mechanical a edelbrock performer rpm no regulator supose to support 600 hp which now im worried isnt enough? And msd pro billet dizzy with 6al box and blaster 2 coil....I think that covers most of it if I missed anything please tell me
Old 07-09-2013, 08:06 PM

the heads and cam do not match, what is the deck height or how far down the hole are the pistons. Im thinking 500 plus HP so far,could be a lot better but the heads need flow numbers and 750 cfm is also very small for over 500 hp
Old 07-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Need the following:
Block deck height
Piston deck height
Piston part number
Head gasket part number
Combustion chamber volume
Camshaft part number
Old 07-10-2013, 06:58 AM
Southern customs

Yea im aware of the heads not being enough the engine builder said I could probably find 100 more hp with tge right head I bought those to go on this motor when it was a mild 406 before I did all this the combustion chamber is 64 cc and the carb like I said I cant reslly tell u the correct cfm since he changed jets metering blocks etc I believe deck height is 9.025 ill see if I can find piston height and gasket pn cam part number is 12-933-9 also this motor is in a "mega truck" its lije the outlaw class of mud bogs its hooked to a th350 with manuel valve body 3800 stall bandm megashifter np203 tcase with a s10 body on a 4x2 tube chassis with rockwell axles 6.72 gear ratio and 57 inch tractor tires in this class the only rule is wear a harness and have a fire extinguisher other than that I can do anything
Old 07-10-2013, 07:27 PM

let us know as much about the engine as possible.and yes,the heads are a little small
Old 07-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Southern customs

Im trying to contact the machinest I used to answer your other questions thay I didnt know he is very hard to get in touch with I will never use him again not the isnt very good at what he does I just had several problems with him answering the phone and taking 5 months longer than he said and getting him to give me any straight answers. Do you guys think the fuel pump I have is enough and I shoulf run a separate electric one for nitrous or should I go with a better electric one to run both
Old 07-11-2013, 06:56 PM

make sure that the fuel supply system is way beyond adequate.
bigger fuel delivery line(s) bigger pick-up,more volume,regulated, baffled tank/fuel cell. an engine that makes 600 hp is going to burn about 240 pounds of fuel per hour at WOT. make sure the system is capable to deliver that and more
Old 07-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Southern customs

So that being said im guessing the mechanical pump I have which uses no regulator isnt enough... if its not and. I need an electriccwith regulator anyway then I may not useca seperate pump and fuel cell for the nitrous. Can u recommend a good pump regulator line size etc set up for this motor and for the 175 shot. And by the way guys I really really appreciate all your help im in a class running against nothing but sponsered trucks im only 20 the people I run against never have to turn a wrench or spend a dime and most of them knoww nothing about motors and they definatly dont know anything about having to piece and part stuff together that most people would scrap just because thats all you have and having to stay up all night even when you have to work just to try to be ready for the next race or cutting every corner you can on things you can do with out just to havr extra money for the neccesities and im doing everything I can to just try to make a showing next week against them and I dont really have anyone to help or to answer my questions so all of you have been more help than you realize thank yall
Old 07-12-2013, 07:42 PM

you decide what pump you want to use.Just make sure its big enough for your engine.I use a mechanical pump.There are some very good replacement pumps.Whats good about mechanical pumps is,if the engine quits,so does the delivery of fuel.
If your engine makes good power,then use a bigger fuel line.I use 1/2"
Old 07-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-11101/overview/
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-13204/overview/
Old 07-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Southern customs

Everyone keeps telling me I cant get a mechanical pump that will feed this motor or that will maintain the proper pressure for nitrous is that true? How much fuel pressure would this motor need with and without nitrous? And do I need a regulator?
Old 07-14-2013, 10:57 PM

use a regulator,even on a low pressure pump,especially mechanical,it smooths out the pulses.
as fore enough volume from a mechanical? seriously? look at circle track cars/road race cars. I have a nascar style mechanical with a regulator,,,
Old 07-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbc423 View Post
Everyone keeps telling me I cant get a mechanical pump that will feed this motor or that will maintain the proper pressure for nitrous is that true? How much fuel pressure would this motor need with and without nitrous? And do I need a regulator?
The carburetor will tolerate only 5 psi before pressure unloads the needle and seat and blows raw fuel into the intake manifold, creating a tuning nightmare. If you want to fabricate a bulletproof system, feed the motor with a 5 psi mechanical pump. Feed the N2O with an electric pump sucking out of a small engine-bay mounted fuel cell containing race gas.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.