Old School Air Cleaners! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2007, 08:40 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Old School Air Cleaners!

Man, these are awesome!

Ever hear of Wolk Design? I recognized the name I thought, and lo and behold, after reading their site (which needs some help, by the way) I noticed a few cover cars I recognized!

But who knew these guys made air cleaners, let alone cool ones, right in my backyard (over in Leavenworth, KS - where "The Weak are Killed and Eaten (TM)")?

Here's a link to the site:
http://wolkdesign.net/

They make mostly air cleaners. Here's some 4-bbl ones:

Some for 2x4 applications:

Some for 3x2 setups:

And they make some accessories, like radiator and breather cap covers and bullet center caps:

The stuff they make is second to none, and has a certain something that others don't seem to have... it's hard to describe, but I'm sure it's because they're made with that secret ingredient that not many implement these days: LOVE.

These guys seem to love with they do. You can see it in their faces as they talk. You can see it in every car they touch - from the ones they build to their daily drivers... that they also built.

Most of all, you can see it in their product - made the old fashioned way, one at a time, with "old-world craftsmanship" (like they say on furniture commercials on TV).

If you're looking for that "something special" to top off your car, skip some readily recognizable crap, and go for a part from Wolk Design... you'll be glad you did, every time you lift your hood.

And damn... that sounded like a commercial. Sorry, but they really do rock, and everybody needs to know about 'em. Just spreading the word! I even cross-posted this on OSR!

~Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Last photo:

Sounds like a sales pitch to me.

Vince
Old 09-23-2007, 09:33 PM

Last journal entry:
Last photo:

Sorry, no advertizing.

If I was a moderator, I would warn you. :p
Old 09-24-2007, 11:26 AM

Last photo:

I know it does, and I do apologize for that. I just thought these air cleaners were awesome and thought I'd pass the information on. They really did impress me that much, and I thought I'd post something like "hey, check these out - ain't they cool?", however my English skills sometimes get the better of me and it ends up coming across as a sales pitch.

I've helped out thousands for free with their 318 Poly motors at http://www.geocities.com/polyman64. I mean, it's not even a business - just a site with info on these mills and a few links to some boards where Poly people congregate. I've posted on a few boards offering help and info and letting folks know we exist in case they need help, and have been met with the attitude that I was selling something, which is most definitely not the case.

So I do apologize for that, first and foremost.

Should I dumb the language down a little so that I don't sound so enamored of these air cleaners? What should I do to make it seem not so much like a pitch?

Once again, I'm sorry to have offended. Please offer suggestions to help fix it and I will immediately do so.

I'm not a business. I don't work for these guys, and I surely am not getting some kind of kickback or anything. This is not advertising, I swear!

~Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 Z28
Sounds like a sales pitch to me.

Vince
Old 09-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Hi Jason and welcome to the HR forums.

No harm, no foul. It just seemed kinda over the top. We all give suggestions on things and links get posted all the time to eBay auctions or Summit or Jegs. We just need to make sure that people aren't in here looking to boost their personal business.

BTW...those are some nice pieces. I still love the look of the old Cragers and Keystone wheels on a '60's car.

Mark
Old 09-24-2007, 02:41 PM

Last photo:

Kevin Lee over at the HAMB says they're kick *** pieces, lending me his validation.

I know you guys have to police the forums. Thanks for doing so, by the way. Nobody wants to wade through a bunch of crap to get to what they want.

And OMG, Cragers and Astro Supremes always look so nice on the right car, don't they?

~Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmark
Hi Jason and welcome to the HR forums.

No harm, no foul. It just seemed kinda over the top. We all give suggestions on things and links get posted all the time to eBay auctions or Summit or Jegs. We just need to make sure that people aren't in here looking to boost their personal business.

BTW...those are some nice pieces. I still love the look of the old Cragers and Keystone wheels on a '60's car.

Mark
Old 09-24-2007, 04:36 PM

Last photo:

still sounds like a sales pitch to me. after all, Wolk and "Abomination" are both located in the Kansas City area.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:47 PM

Last photo:

Actually, that's why I'm posting. To quote myself:

"But who knew these guys made air cleaners, let alone cool ones, right in my backyard (over in Leavenworth, KS...)"

I never expected to find something like this, this close to me, and thought I'd post something about 'em after I checked 'em out.

By the way, Leavenworth is an hour or so away - not exactly "local", but close enough for a Sunday afternoon day trip, I guess.

As I said before, this is not a sales pitch. If you can give some constructive criticism as to what part sounds like that and/or how to fix it, let me know and I'll fix it immediately. God knows, I don't want to offend anybody on here. I've gotten a lot of help from folks on this board over the past year, and thought I'd pass some information on, thinking I finally had something cool to post about and could pass on some nifty information I came across and give something back to this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMag
still sounds like a sales pitch to me. after all, Wolk and "Abomination" are both located in the Kansas City area.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:00 PM

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Na affiliation-No harm-No foul
Welcome to Hotrodders
Shane
Old 09-24-2007, 08:06 PM
AKA Lee in KC

Last photo:

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and smells like a duck...
Old 09-24-2007, 08:24 PM

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNTRCI-T
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and smells like a duck...
Its the goat from the Aflack commercial
Shane

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.