Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hot Rod Art (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hot-rod-art/)
-   -   old school gasser (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/old-school-gasser-102794.html)

inkwork 11-19-2006 11:09 AM

old school gasser

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my latest. let me know what you think. I'm trying to get work doing these sort of illustrations, but I'm new to the business. Does anyone have any suggestions of where I should look. I was thinking I could do personalized car club shirts, stuff like that. But I really don't know. :confused:

This little willy's was kind of a collaboration of cars- the complete description of it is on my blog- check bio for address.

Based on some of the amazing work I've seen here from some of you, I get the feeling there are actual working artists among us- enlighten me with your wisdom, and I shall pay homage to the great inkspot in the sky. :D

Iv'e been drawing for a while- but this whole networking thing is new to me. :smash:
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks

smoke 11-19-2006 05:10 PM

Very nice inkwork. Very nice detail. I like how the plug wires and other things look like they were just slaped on so the car could be run.lol. Make a nice tat for someone.

inkwork 11-19-2006 05:40 PM

Thanks Smoke,
I try to give the cars that "worked on" look.

willys36@aol.com 11-19-2006 07:14 PM

Very nice work. I really like that 'rough and realisitc' style. A little advice though - that car is not even close to being a Willys. Sort of a Phord 3-window 32 I guess. Would be good to have an actual car as your model so you can get a few of the important details right-on. If you were to try to sell this to a Willys nut you would have a hard time! Otherwise your style really spins my prop!

inkwork 11-19-2006 09:38 PM

Thanks for the advice willys36. I should have looked for a willys with that view, so I could have gotten it right. When I draw, and I don't have something that has to be perfect, I tend to use my artistic freedom. I guess I better put that in check when dealing with real car people. I myself have a fetish for 67 camaros, and when ever I see someone do a poor representation of one- I feel as though they did'nt care, and it reduces the work's appeal for me. I had never thought about it swinging both ways. It's a little humbling, but I appreciate it.

Johnnymac

willys36@aol.com 11-19-2006 10:54 PM

Just a thought. As I said I love your style but I would be better served as a customer to see those tell-tale Willys details I know and love just as a rendition done for a Henry J lover or Deuce Coupe lover. You can still take those details and blow them all out of proportion and come up with a bodacious result.

KULTULZ 11-20-2006 01:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
NICE ART WORK!

I have always wished I could do that... :pain:

How about a '57 FORD with a RAT FINK hanging out the windshield busting gears?

inkwork 11-22-2006 09:28 AM

quick ?s

Sounds good Kultulz,
I'll have something for you this weekend. It's a small photo, so are those side-pipes, or header-dumps? I can't tell. Magnesium wheels I assume? Drum brakes-right? Just trying to get some detail info for the illustration.

Ink

KULTULZ 11-22-2006 11:11 AM

All the above with fender well exit headers.

Name It;

ONE WOLF

:thumbup:

inkwork 11-22-2006 11:41 AM

Sounds good :D

KULTULZ 11-22-2006 11:56 AM

FORGOT!

Competition Orange please... :D

inkwork 11-24-2006 05:21 PM

It's done

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go Kultulz. :D
The res is'nt so good, because I had to keep the file small enough to fit here. It's probably easy for some of you computer types, but for me- I'm learning. :smash: This was done entirely by hand- no computers. It's pen and ink.
That was the first time a had ever drawn a 57 ford before, that was one of the reasons I decided to draw it. I hope you like it.

You can get a much better res shot by checking out my blog, then clicking the link to my online store.(see personal profile for blog address) If you really like the illustration, Then you'll love the store.

Let me know what you think,
Johnnymac

willys36@aol.com 11-24-2006 05:45 PM

You do very good aork and you style is unique. Should go a long way.

inkwork 11-24-2006 05:53 PM

Thanks Willys, :D
I'm trying to learn illustrator so things don't take me so long. I gave up doing on my own, so I'm taking a class on adobe illustrator next semester at the local JC. I just want to ensure that I don't lose my "signature" when I incorporate the software.
Johnnymac

Nightfire 11-24-2006 06:20 PM

How much do you charge for drawings?

Mike