Hot Rod Forum banner

Old School With New School Scheme, Good Idea?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DougGass87 
#1 ·
I have a 75 Silverado 4x4, what I am wanting to do is drop it and keep my current heavy 1/2 ton axles, but replace the NP205 t-case with an automatic t-case from a new Silverado SS. Thus, making old into new instead of new into old as the automotive industry has been doing as of recently. I already know the computer aspect of it is going to be the biggest headache, but is it even something that sounds remotely interesting enough to proceed? Any suggestions or feedback are greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
well, you really wont be able to lower it very much because the axle will hit the frame and oilpan.....might also run into ptoblems with the front driveshaft..

another thing is you may need the transmission and t-case out of the ss in order to use that t-case because it may not mate to your trans....

you could also use the 700r4 transmission and t-case out of an AWD Astro or Olds Bravada, they are the same ones that were in the Syclone and Typhoon....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.