"Old School" Roadster Front Fenders - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2006, 08:46 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Front fenders

Hi guys,
New to the site, saw this post and thought I might add my 2c worth.
We have fender laws in Australia. try looking for Australian sights for pics as the driven roadsters here run cycle guards as we call them.
Cheers

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2006, 11:34 AM

Last journal entry: Painting
Last photo:

Take a good look at your kids bycicle fenders and duplicate this design for your application. There are laws all over the country and around the world in this matter of safety design. Your best example is to find a "Prowler" and look at how this was over come. Good luck.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:03 AM

Roadster fenders

I've got a 68 bug I'm going to ratrod and I'll make the roadster fenders useing steel boat trailer fenders( Google it, their 24 bucks each unpainted) I'm thinking about useing 1/2 inch steel high carbon steel strap to make the frames,but like the guy with the square tubes I dont want the vibration. I also dont want the square tubes things need to be round. We get alot of snow around here and they use pumice to sand with,the body'd get sandblasted without them. So any Ideas will be welcomed
Old 07-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Try your local trailer builder..the guy here has 2 styles of fender..One style has on edge rounded and one edge flat for mounting that works on the rear of a rod..the other style is rounded on both sides and works for the front cycle fenders..

Sam
Old 07-30-2008, 09:48 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

Don't know if this will help but click here for how I did mine. Below are a couple quick pics.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:29 PM

Last journal entry: Hand brake
Last photo:

Google "Locost kit car" and you will find someone that sells fenders and they probably have fenders fitted for your tire size too.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:48 PM

Last journal entry: 1930u Windows are in
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrfly
Willowbilly3 & Fred 56:

Thank you both for you input. Willow, is there any way that you can post
a picture or describe how you make your front fender removeable as this is
exactly what I want to do. I want to do my runs with the front fenders on and then have the option of removing them when I get to the show,cruise, etc. that I am going to. I have at least two "looks" for my rod. The current one is pro street with a large scoop on top of my carburetor. Actually, the scoop covers the entire top of my 427 BBC and then some. Yes, I currently
run with no hood pieces. The second look I am going to create is by
fabricating a hood top center section and either joining another scoop or cutting around the existing scoop in order to create a different profile. It is with this "look" that I will probably leave the front fenders installed. As with most everything else in hot rodding, and given that I am in no way a graphic artist, when I see the finished product I will know what pieces I want to leave on and which to take off. I am going to fabricate the hood section out of fiberglass. Yes, I talked to one of the leading 32 Ford Hood fabricators and after he quoted me a price for a raw piece of metal designed to do what I want to do I figured out that I can buy a truck load of glass and resin, go through a steep learning curve on working glass, fail twice, and still be money ahead. Plus, doing my own glass I have total design freedom. But you see. this is what I consider rodding to be all about. Push you personal design and fab skills to a new level. As Fred 56 said in his description of his efforts in fabing his fenders; "it was well worth it". And now when you guys talk about your cars you can say, "I made those fenders". Hopefully, with a little luck, and a lot of patience, I will be able to join you two as a fender fabricator, and go one more by also being a hood section fabricator.
I'm going to make some for my 30 Plymouth. I measured my front tires to get an idea of the size and then went down to Bass Pro Shop and bought a set of trailer fenders. I hope to have them fabbed up in a few weeks. It should be easy after making my rear ones. What a job that was.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:25 PM

Last journal entry: 1930u Windows are in
Last photo:

Here's a pic of an old school drag car. Really cool front fenders. They are a little longer in the back than I prefer. I think they made them this way to keep the gravel on the return road from chipping the paint. At any rate this is a really cool car. One of my favorite drag roadsters of all time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rudys_Beauty_B-SR[1].jpg
Views:	434
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	31649  

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.