Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Old Shell and new chassis versus upgrading old Chassis
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 09:17 AM

Last journal entry: Crowdrise
Wiki Edits: 0

Old Shell and new chassis versus upgrading old Chassis Reply to Thread

Again, Thank you Techinspector1. The lift technique should work well. About the floor, there are all sorts of gadgets already attached to and sprung to the underside of the Ramcharger floor. Also, there's all sorts of plumbing and such (steering column) lined up in the fire wall. My thought was to cut and leave as much of the firewall and floor as possible and weld the 54 body to it using the already mounted floor. Another reason for doing this is that the 54's floor is a straight run front to back but the Ramcharger has a 9" rise just behind the front seats that is necessary to clear the frame and rearend which would give the 54 a funky stance in the rear. In most 54's the front floor is rusted through and this one is no exception. I suppose I could replace the 54's front floor and cut out the rear from where the Ramcharger would require the 9" rise. It just seemed easier to use the entire good floor of the Ramcharger but I'm open to other ideas.