Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Olds 330 build-up
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 08:20 AM

Last wiki edit: Wheelbase database Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed1
...I really wanted to keep an Olds engine in my Cutlass. I guess I am sort of a stickler when it comes to engine being swapped in anything. I always liked a Ford product in a Ford, Chebby and Chebby, Caddy in a Caddy, ...
Amen!

Quote:
...I have contacted Edelbrock about the EDl-7112, along with the recomended 5712 valve springs. They said even though this cam wasn't listed to work in the 330, after letting them in on what I was putting the 330 in, and the gearing I wanted, the tranny and such they told me this would be a great cam match.
I doubt the Edelbrock tech line understands the difference between the 45 degree and 39 degree cam bank angle on Olds motors. Just be sure the cam you get matches the block you have.

Quote:
I bought a 200R4 from John Kozek of Kozek's Transmissions, Richmond KY, of whom I HIGHLY recceomend--he is world-class and outstanding in dealing with customer problems and solutions
Yes he is. I also bought a rebuilt 200-4R from John. Super guy and super quality.

Quote:
I have seen that if I need to get pistons, and rods, they are going to be almost impossible to find,
Actually, rods, bearings, timing set, rockers, valve, etc. are identical to those of a 350 Olds. The only thing different is the bore and thus the piston/ring package.