Hot Rod Forum banner

olds 330 info (headers, intake...)

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  wp442 
#1 ·
my brother just got a 65 olds jetstar with the 330 old 2bbl with single exhaust. its a really strong engine for what it is, im really impressed by it. we've got a few questions though.

will a 400 intake fit the 330?

who makes headers for the 330 in the jetstar? i found sanderson block huggers, but im not sure if they clear the exhaust?

oh yeah, the jetstar is an A-body right??

thanks.:pimp:

#4 ·
The 330 is a great engine they have forged cranks to that are becoming very sough after. As for the intake...old had a 400 big block actually 2 different ones I believe as well as a 403 small block. The 403 small block one should fit but not the big block ones. Old big blocks and small blocks look very simalar except for the deck hieght. Why do you want to change the intake the stock 330 4 barrel intake is very good flowing as it is and is probably better than the 403 one as the 403 was an emission erra engine

#7 ·
The Jetstar is not an A-body. A-bodies are the '64-'72 intermediates:

Olds Cutlass/442 (33000 series)
Buick Skylark/GS400 (43-44000 series)
Pontiac LeMans/GTO (23-24000 series)
Chevrolet Chevelle (13000 series)

The Jetstar was a full-size and was either a B or C body. I don't know which, but it's not an A-body. Just thought I'd let you know before parts were bought that wouldn't fit.

For performance Oldsmobile engine questions, definitely check out the RealOldsPower forum.

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.