Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - omni epoxy coat problems?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 08:41 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

omni epoxy coat problems?

i sprayed omni epoxy coat as a sealer on advise of my jobber paint supply, I think it was the gun that i was useing god i hope so cause after i was done it went in the trash. seeing that i had no problems with my finish line guns doing the same thing nice even wet coats no tiger striping.
it mixed 1;1;10% 1 part epoxy, 1 part hardner, and a little over 10% urithane reducer.
problem is when the compressor was at full pressure it sprayed great inlet pressure at about 45-50 lbs with a 1.4 tip, trigger turned all the way in then backed out 4-5 turns test spray and fan was perfect, after i started spraying it started to come out a little dry like 30 sec after i was spraying. to compensate i put in a splash more reducerr mixed and cleaned gun and reset gun = perfect spray.
30 sec after starting again same thing. i did wait the 15 min induction period. so figureing that that was the best i was gonna get i sprayed 3 very slow moveing oats trying to get it as wet as possible.
i let it dry and plan on spraying base clear tommarow, about 3 hours later after spraying i checked out my work and litely tested the finish. there was a powder like resadue comeing off on to my hand.
my question is what do i do now do i just clean with wax and grease remover and spray base clear, or do i scuff then clean. then paint any help would be great ive just never seen this before.