Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - omni epoxy coat problems?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 11:37 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBob
Me either...

Usually when it starts spraying spotty or dry for me is when the omni epoxy is getting cold and thick....
My guess about the powder is something isn't right in the catalyst, you might want to check if theres any sediment or anything at the bottom there. That or the reducer you used had a bad reaction, I believe the tech sheet for Omni says to use acetone, so it could be that too.

Personally, I'd scuff it, clean it and spray my base - but that might not be a acceptable risk if you're painting an entire car. I wouldn't sweat it though if it's something smallish.
yeah unfortunatly its a whole car, ill see what otherss say . my jobber said to use the reducer for the thinning. he said that its done all the time. ive been doing some reasearch and have seen many many close resemblances to this and there saying the same thing temp and catalyst, but the cat. was a new can never opened the epoxy was warm in fact 73 deg. and surface temp was at 75 so im thinking that it was the gun. i had never used it before. im thinking that it just wasent thin enough, ive read to thin it almost 50 % to spray out of a 1.3 tip so im thinking that it was just a bit thick still and the additional air psi from starting to spray just had the push to force it threw. thanks for your in put and see what others say, and i think ill call my jobber also see what they have to say.