Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - omni epoxy coat problems?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 06:12 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

ok you guys are right it is 2;1 i posted it wrong, i checked my paint mixing cup and i did mix it orrectly because i always mark with a sharpie marker. i called my jobber and they had the ppg tech contact me, well they tryed to blame everything on me of coarse because im not a body shop, and basicly the jobber told me the the wrong percentage of reducer. its from 10- 50 percent depending on tip size. with running a 1.4 tip it should of been a 50% ruducer. basicly what i had to do is wet sand with 600 they recomend a 2nd coat of epoxy but i still have my doubts of the product. so after the wet sanding i washed and rinsed well dryed , now im leaveing it to cure for another day. and off to base and clear. but i do think that its pretty bad to have a company try and save face more than takeing the blame for in accurate tech sheets. and i also had a good freind thats been in the auto body feild for 20 years say that it coulda been the catalist but theres no real way to say. so i hope that this might help some one in the future with this same problem. thanks for the replies and the help