Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - omni epoxy coat problems?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 02:02 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitmaks
Possibly had too much air and you pretty much blasted it on. I'm not sure how long you've been spraying but every product that I spray is a little bit different and I have to make adjustments. I've been painting for many years too and do it on daily basis.
When spraying something as big as a car or even just a single body panel make necessary adjustments to the gun and to a spray out on the piece of cardboard/scrap, don't just go shooting car and make adjustments on the car.
i shot on a tester paper that i had taped to the wall, pretty much everytime i started to have problems, i would make the adjustments if necassary. but that got to be every 20 sec. and i knew that if i didnt get going on it i was going to lose my wet on wet, so i did the first coat the best i could. basicly adjusting my speed to get as wet of a coat as possible. i decided to do a second coat because it came out tiger striped as all hell and i knew i couldnt leave it like that so i knocked down my pressure 20 lbs did a test and it sprayed like a dream on the test paper. so i thought that i was good, and im not talking a couple trigger pulls i lined a good part of my wall with 18 inch paper and it shot awesome perfect fan perfect material application. and did several passes. oh and at that time i also splashed in some extra reducer and mixed strained, and cleaned gun before second coat and test. it was good so i started on the car and the same crap happened not 30 sec later so i did the same thing slowed my speed and tried to get the wettest coat i could, still tiger striped after the second coat and following proper flash times. i decided to do a cross pattern to try and blend the stripes. it filled in the stripes , but did the same thing. so i stopped cleaned up and let it cure over night. the plan was to do base and clear the same day but the way it sprayed i didn't want to risk the base and clear until i knew what the out come was going to be thanks god for gut instincts.