Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - omni epoxy coat problems?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 09:20 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

when i talked to the ppg tech he stated that even after a 72 hr period that it would have to be reapplied or scuffed/ sanded. since it was right on the edge of 72 hrs since the last coat today, yesterday i wet sanded with 600 grit it came out really nice and was easy to do, today i cleaned and prepped the car for base and clear.
its a light baby blue no metallic , the name of the color is grabber blue, i layed down two heavy coats of base waiting 5 mins in between coats as per the tech sheet that im noticing aren't very reliable, waited 20 mins shoot to heavy wet coats of high solid clear with med hardener, the temp was close to 80 so it flashed a little faster than what i wanted. Te clear came out with a little orange peal but its getting wet sanded and taped for stripes so the peel will come out. after the stripe is painted another 4 coats will be applied and this time im going to reduce it as per recommendation of a good Friend of mine that has 20 plus years of body work experience. he couldn't believe that they didn't put that as a option on the tech sheet. after that it will be wet sanded down to 4000p the buffed and sanded, i case you might be thinking wow that's a lot of clear.