One picture says it all... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2006, 06:51 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

One picture says it all...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SuperBowl Ref.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	9904  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Certified Lead Foot

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Lol !!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 06:14 PM

gotta give it to that one. lol

The only problem with that is--- what about the refs in the Steelers/Colts game? Or maybey the Refs in the Patriots game? (can't remember who they played)

The only thing that really irks me is that anyone who is Anti-Steelers, (and yes, I know you didn't actually say that), doesn't seem to have any ref problems whatsoever as long as the call is against pittsburgh.

Can anyone tell I'm a steelers fan?

Truth is, after this season, I'm wondering if they have those refs from those motel 6 commercials under contract.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:50 PM

Last photo:

Even though I am from Washington state I still consider myself neutral as I am not really a big football fan. With that said, they definitely had some iffy calls against them. Hasselbeck making the tackle after the interception, he was clearly going for the ball carrier but he got nailed for 15 yards because it was called a block below the waist. And the offensive pass interference? I suppose techincally it would have been the correct call...but it still looked pretty iffy as well.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:41 AM

I didn't like the Hassenbeck call, either, although, if somebody would have hit him like that, thats roughing the passer. Offensive pass interference, you can't shove off of the other guy, supposedly the defender has an equal chance to go for the ball

The NFL needs to take a hard look at the refs this offseason. I wonder if the NFL could get a group rate if they were to send them all to Sears Optical for glasses.

I'm almost in favor of bringing back instant replay. Sure the games were longer, but that's just an excuse to drink more beer.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:09 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyJim
. Offensive pass interference, you can't shove off of the other guy, supposedly the defender has an equal chance to go for the ball
I agree 100% but in the case here was it really intentional? It didnt appear that he really shoved him away very hard. I know when I get tangled with somebody/something like that I'd have a natural tendency sort of push myself away. It didnt appear as if the defender was forced in another direction or off balance by his actions either.

When it comes to the calls from the game I guess it depends on which coast you live on, doesnt it?
Old 02-10-2006, 06:24 PM

Actually, the defender stumbled and almost fell over, in the opposite direction.
Maybey on the west coast, they show the game from the other side of the field

at any rate, I'm glad to see pitt finally get the one for the thumb, they never seem to get any positive press, they had that game locked up, and yet you got Madden running his mouth about what Seattle had to do. (there was like 2 minutes left) Even in the last week, Steelers haven't gotten the press like the patriots did with their wins. That's all ok, it always feels better when the underdogs win big.

PS I'm a Die Hard Steelers fan, but I don't hate Seattle. I was glad to see another team that you never seem to hear about get to the big one.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:02 PM

Last photo:

I like this one better

Some tough calls maybe but the Steelers would have still won
get over it
Old 02-11-2006, 04:40 PM

nice shirt
Old 02-11-2006, 05:33 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

I'm not a Steeler or Seattle fan, but do like to watch sports. The Hasselbeck call was flat wrong as far as my understanding of the rules go. Defensive guys don't block, they tackle. The linesman called the touchdown on the keeper play. We watched the replay over and over and there just was not anything there to reverse the call. If you watched the white armband on his arm, you could see the football right against it. You could see the arm band clearly on the replays, but not the ball. The arm band broke the plane of the goal, but I could not really tell if any part of the ball did. By the rules, that was a touchdown. The offensive pass interference call was just that. The receiver pushed off and if you were watching the replays, he did gain separation on the defender. Had he not pushed off, the defender would have had a play, which may or may not have been successful. A no call would have been wrong so I would have to say "stop whining". The real questionable call, in my opinion was the holding call on the Seattle offensive lineman. That is normally never called in the heat of the battle and probably should not have been called in this case. They officials don't always get them right, but in actuality, I am really amazed they are as good as they are!!!

Trees
Old 02-11-2006, 08:12 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceburgh
Some tough calls maybe but the Steelers would have still won
get over it
I'm not complaining or whining about anything so I have nothing to "get over".

It wasnt until Pitt. scored the final touchdown that Seattle never really had a chance of winning. There were times even relatively late in the game that the game could have gone either way. Pitt. was about to score and Seattle intercepted the ball...if Pitt had scored then they would have blown it open. Later Pitt. intercepted the ball on a drive when Seattle was just about to score (and would have had the lead in the 3rd quarter if they did).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.