Hot Rod Forum banner

One piece window glass kit

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ogre 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, this is my first post so forgive me if I screw it up.

I read up on some previous posts about converting the window glass to a one piece and Iv'e started the process. I've seen the Brothers kit mentioned a lot but not all good things. I just found another kit from Classic Truck Glass and was wondering if anyone has used this kit, if so any issues?

Here is the link...

Any advice you all have would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
So I did screw up....maybe I'll get it right next time with some practice.

Thanks for the response. So I already have a power window kit but no windows or channels came w it. I did read that if I want to use power windows I would need to cut off a portion of the manual mech and reuse that to make it work properly, reason being you need the mirror to slide horizontally when rolling up/down. Any chance anyone has done this and can help with the details?

And if no one knows what the heck I'm talking about I'll send you the youtube video where a guy shows what he did but doesn't really explain the process very well. Kinda left me hangin.

Thanks again.

#5 ·
Ogre, sorry for the late response I have been swamped. So I have a power window kit, just comes w the motors and switches. I was told these power kits work best when you adapt the original regulator (the piece that allows the window to move horizontally) to fit the power regulator. You mentioned you have a kit in your truck, did you do this method? If not what worked for you? Thanks.

#7 ·
blackdiesel who did that video is also on the 47-59 chevy truck forum (you should too)
The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

not sure what your asking; you do need the bottom channel off your old glass
glue it to the glass with the fussion glue he recommended, do not try the rubber that comes with the kit
it will pop off when you power the window down and the glass will fall inside the door
mine fell off twice, that glass is tough stuff not to shatter
you also need the C-channel that rides on the manual regulator, it un-screws from the window frame

i did not use a power regulator kit, i just adapted power window regulators from an 07 durango
they were freebies from my friend at chrysler, this is the motor city after all
these are scissors type power regulators

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.