Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - which one is right?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 11:37 AM
abstruse dutch uncle

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Definitely look at a few untouched cars, and a service manual, to be sure. Ford used that same valve body for a # of years. (The earlier ones had 2 additional ports for an inline res. valve to rear.)

To me, the third one (without master) looks most likely to be correct, with the inlets on either side of the wire. The front inlet might be supposed to be on the end (where driver's front connects), rather than top, but I see them both ways. I also usually see them mounted flat, with the wire coming out the side, rather than top.

The other 2 just look wrong, both from the mounting rotation and line inlet aspect. Inlet lines wont normally enter from opposite sides, unless it is from either end (front and back of valve), which is not possible on yours. They either will enter from same side, next to the wire, or one next to wire, and the other on one end.
Those two also have an inlet on the bottom, and outlet on top. This goes against gravity, and could make it more difficult to bleed all the air out.