Ongoing warfare - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2008, 04:59 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ongoing warfare

Just curious, anyone notice war in South Ossetia?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2008, 10:26 AM

Last photo:

You bet we have- it is all over the news, I don't know much about the politics of the area but when war happens anywhere it is bad news. This is one thing I think Bush should keep his nose out of especially after what he has done in Iraq, but of course as I said I know little of the politics of the area. It might be interesting to hear the views of someone closer to the events and to be able to then compare it to what we hear on the news.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:13 PM

Last photo:

OK...my opinion: Georgians making homicide and our forces trying to stop it. At least as what we an hear from our news.
Ossetia wants independence from Georgia - and get full-scale war.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:40 PM

Last photo:

That's what it seems to me too and I hope this comes to an end soon. The US is watching closely and Bush has been speaking against Russian intervention in this conflict but as I said earlier he should keep his nose out of it this is none of our business! The US and Russia has come closer in recent years and it is my hope we can continue to get along as we need to work together to solve some major problems in the world that concerns both of us.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:44 PM

Last photo:

Note: Georgians stop to translate Rusian TV channels and even close russian websites for Georgians users.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:32 PM

Last photo:

Sounds as if they are trying to suppress the news services which is much harder to do in this age of the internet. I have been watching the events on TV and it would appear that the fighting is fierce with a lot of damage to everyone involved. I would think that the Russian military would be far superior to anything it is likely to face in the area so maybe they will be able to bring this to an end quickly.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:38 PM

Last photo:

A lot of damage, yes...they just destroy Tskhinvali...

However, we already get negative response. I watch on TV this UN meeting...seems like American guy kinda stupid: "are Russian Federation trying to change Georgian regime?"
Sorry guys,if something...
Old 08-10-2008, 05:28 PM

Last photo:

I had to wonder about the UN response too because it seems from the news reports that the Russian action started after the war began and the Russian officials stated they are there trying to stop the hostilities and protect their citizens. Why would the UN be opposed to that?
Old 08-10-2008, 05:35 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

"It's a rainy night in Georgia"

I hope it don't start "raining all over the world"

USA - - - STF Away
Old 08-10-2008, 06:06 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet
USA - - - STF Away

You got that right! I was serious about Bush keeping his nose out of this, after what he got us into in Iraq he still tries to scold the Russians? As I said I know next to nothing about the politics of the area but even the news reports tell us Russia got into this after the conflict started and then only after warning the waring parties. This is not in our neighborhood and we should not be taking sides and certainly not speaking out against anyone for trying to end the thing.

Last edited by oldred; 08-10-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
You got that right! I was serious about Bush keeping his nose out of this, after what he got us into in Iraq he still tries to scold the Russians? As I said it I know next to nothing about the politics of the area but even the news reports tell us Russia got into this after the conflict started and then only after warning the waring parties. This is not in our neighborhood and we should not be taking sides and certainly not speaking out against anyone for trying to end the thing.
You are 100% right oldred!!!! But you know that little short &^%$$%^&&& Will try something.He is going to start something,Before he leaves the White house.We need to leave everyone alone.That don't mess with us.And let these other country's fight there own battles.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:35 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
We need to leave everyone alone.That don't mess with us.And let these other country's fight there own battles.
Ditto, if we spread ourselves any thinner then we will indeed become weaker at home

However, we have been the nose wipers and ??? kissers of the World for many years now so why expect it to change?
Old 08-11-2008, 12:51 PM

Last photo:

I honestly had to wonder about Bush and the UN response (now Chaney has put his .02 in) even before Nitghtrider brought this up, I mean look at the news reports Russia did not start this thing. I may not understand how those people feel to start something like this nor do I understand for sure what it is all about but I do know that it is not our business. It is a good thing to urge both sides to stop fighting and help in any way we can as far as diplomacy IF we are asked, which is not likely for obvious reasons, but to take sides and condemn one side or the other? Anyway we have our hands full right now elsewhere and we don't need to be picking on someone else especially when it is not our affair.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
I honestly had to wonder about Bush and the UN response (now Chaney has put his .02 in) even before Nitghtrider brought this up, I mean look at the news reports Russia did not start this thing. I may not understand how those people feel to start something like this nor do I understand for sure what it is all about but I do know that it is not our business. It is a good thing to urge both sides to stop fighting and help in any way we can as far as diplomacy IF we are asked, which is not likely for obvious reasons, but to take sides and condemn one side or the other? Anyway we have our hands full right now elsewhere and we don't need to be picking on someone else especially when it is not our affair.

Well said oldred!!!!! Well said !!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 01:33 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
It is a good thing to urge both sides to stop fighting and help in any way we can as far as diplomacy IF we are asked, which is not likely for obvious reasons
zactly, isn't that Rice's job ???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.