Online paint purchase? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2005, 07:54 AM
just passin' thru

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod
Last journal entry: Willys - Body and Paint
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

As long as we are all throwing out names, you may want to try: www.autobodydepot.net. Big website with lots of sub-categories for paint, airbrush, bodywork supplies etc.

I've only bought a few small things from them...no problems.

Their prices for HOK stuff seems to be a little better than Eastwood.

Steve

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2005, 05:30 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

online paint purchases

I was looking at the websites you mentioned and was wondering where the data/spec sheets are for these products ? How do you know what your getting with names like these...

Multi-purpose urethane clear
Jetset urethane clear
Ultra image urethane

My personal favorite is super duper orgasmic urethane clear. Seriously how can you pick one over the other ?
Old 12-16-2005, 09:01 AM

Last photo:

I think everyone has that same problem. It seems like all the paint companies hire the same marketing people. There's only so many ways they can describe a clear liquid and try to differentiate it from another manufacturer. All the tech sheets read about the same as the product names. " xxx is a Insert your solids here (high, low, medium) urethane clearcoat designed for air or force dry environments. It provides excellent gloss, DOI, durability and is intended for coating basecoats or single stage urethanes. Some one do some searching and find a tech sheet that says this clear is ok but isn't nearly as good as the one we sell for 3 times the money. Even the cheapest clear available will have a tech sheet that says how great it is.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:38 AM
Owner of a broken cart

Last photo:

Paint supply list base on Price and quality.

1.adambond@ccrtc.com (he has mainly WILD and Xotic type paints {like the new chrome paint}, as well as tons of pearls and flakes. For Examples: look at www.alsacorp.com)

2.www.ebay.com

2.www.ToolParadise.com(www.spraygunworld.com same folks) (House of Kolor, sweet prices)

3.www.smartshoppers.inc (great HOK prices, but i dont think you can order online yet)??

4.www.Terrys.net (Great service, next best HOK prices)

5.www.tcpglobal.com (autobodydepot.net same folks) (yes, these guys will work for you if something is screwed up. I ordered $180 worth of vids from them. And when i recieved them, every last vid was a not what i ordered, so i let them know, and talked them into giving me a deal on the video package that i really ordered, that was kinda kewl.) Plus you can get anything you want from the tcpglobal family of websites.

6.www.dixieart.com/CreatexAutoAir.html (For sweet *** automotive waterborne paint.) Its wonderful stuff, and great prices. Also excellent for that model builder who doesnt want to get high.

7.www.kirkerautomotive.com (a bit less quality, but lower prices)

8.www.paintforcars.com "33.00 a gallon acrylic enamel" (low quality, but very cheap price. always buy and use their catalyst/hardner. They say its optional, but the paint will dull fast, scratch easily and sometimes worse, without it

9.www.coastairbrush.com (these are good folks to. and the only place i can find PLC primer, basically sprayable body filler)

10.www.eastwood.com (prices totally suck)

11.www.motostorm.com (amazing paints, the best of the Rare and Wild type paints, and sweet prices. adambond@ccrtc.com also carries these paints.)

12.www.alsacorp.com (amazing paints, but prices are completely stupid.

I left out www.southernpolyurethanes.com because i dont know jack about their stuff. But i want to know....... please. After reading around their site, im totally inlove with these guys.
What is their best quality clear? Has anyone tried their Euro 2006?
I will definately try their stuff this summer.

another worth mentioning, Xotic paints are really sweet to. (www.innate.com) but they are basically the same as HOK. (One of HOK's lead formulators left years ago and founded Xotic.)

let me know were im wrong
Old 01-24-2006, 10:00 AM

where would you rank paintscratch.com in that list? My primary reason is the PPG paint code matching that none of the other sites seem to have.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Owner of a broken cart

Last photo:

? i guess thats a whole other catagory.
color matching online paint purchasing.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:11 PM

boonstein

I have bought alot from TCPGlobal.com, good prices and service.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:55 PM

way too high

.........OK...............OK ...I GUESS ILL FINALLY SHARE MY SECRET WEBSITE WITH SOMEONE...THE ONLY PLACE TO GET CANDY PEARL,GHOST PEARL,FLAKES FOR BELIEVE IT OR NOT $15.00.....ITS A ADDITIVE ADDED TO YUOR CLEAR COAT WWW.PAINTWITHPEARL.COM TELL ME HOW U LIKE IT
Old 06-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Last photo:

Just got an order from a place I have been ordering my sandpaper and buffing supplies from. They are now selling PPG and HOK paint by phone orders only. They advertise free shipping on orders over $250, plus since they are out of state no sales tax. This after I have spent almost $2,000 with my local PPG jobber . Any rate, if anyone is interested the website is http://www.tpcglobal.com phone number is 858-909-2177. I don't know if they would be any cheaper than my local jobber, but the tax savings alone is worth giving them the business IMO. I am going to give them a cal and see what they want for a gallon of DBC in the code I am using.

Vince
Old 07-13-2006, 10:34 PM

Last photo:

Need Help

where i can get boyod coddington it was a 1959 low ride green brian caruana
Old 07-23-2006, 07:05 AM

Last photo:

http://www.crashsupply.com/

I have had good service from them.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:42 PM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:

6 year old thread ? you just came across eastwood ? are you serious or just a salesman for eastwood.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Thank you for your post and welcome to the site. I'm not sure if you realized or not but this thread is 8 years old.

I made the same mistake when I first joined this group, it's not a big deal, just so you know. The other thing, and again, I don't want to offend but, Eastwood products are manufactured or relabeled products. Eastwood has a less than stellar reputation for serious restoration company's and individuals. There are numerous other company's that have superior products with great service and more than competitive pricing.

If your interested in learning more about these companies, please feel free to ask, there will be many opinions, one fairly common opinion is that some of Eastwood's products are suspect.

Again, welcome to the site, great people with excellent information. If there is anything at all that you need information on, you have chosen the right place.

All the best

Ray

Last edited by poncho62; 08-18-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:10 PM

Last photo:

Ray, it's an Eastwood spammer.

I flagged the post.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

And every day I live and learn...LOL...First thing that went through my mind was "poor new member" not only didn't they realize that the thread was old, (one of my first posts was to an old thread...one response I got was a tad nasty...something about "leave it alone and let it die a natural death", I felt like an idiot and just wanted to make sure that this new member wasn't treated like I was)...LOL...and they thought Eastwood was a #1, top of the line supplier of automotive products...had to set them straight on that.

I do know a few things but, one thing I don't know is, does Eastwood put people up to this? If they do, maybe Eastwood should be flagged as a company on this site, don't know if you can do that but sounds like not a bunch of scruples with that company.

Ray

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.