Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - oops, i traded....!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BIRD'88 View Post
What is the oil pressure at 2000 rpm? that is the critical spec.
A simple compression test will tell the general health of the motor too.
Should run good with those changes. Don't put 2.02's in the 416 heads. 1.94 is best.
You can block off the egr heat riser passages by filling with old melted down pistons.

Post the results when you get it done.
OK, so it looks like I will be going with the Dart SHP 200's. This guy will match summit's prticingb on pretty much anything without having to deal with broker or shipping chargeS. They fit my budget and seem to have some decent flow numbers especially with a little port work. So using these heads, long tubes with 3" exhaust to single chamber flowmasters, 750DP, 3000 stall, and a 456 gear with a sticky 31" tires what would you suggest cam wise? I looked at the lunati 60104 but would rather go solid. They are supposed to be good to 620 lift and I'm not afraid to turn it to 6500 regularly...sooo....and no, replacing the convertrt for bigger isn't an option right now, with enough motor I'm told it should stall around 3200. Ohhh..and the previous owner had the truck scaled at the dump and it came in at 3670# ....better then I had hoped.....