Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - oops, i traded....!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BIRD'88 View Post
Buying parts that are for sale.

you need to try to avoid falling into the trap of collecting a bunch of stuff because it is easy or avaiable
and then adjusting your plan to suite the the parts.
You will end up with a much better result for the money spent by developing a good build plan
and then buy the parts that fit the plan. Even if that means waiting.
The local used-for sale Kijiji/craigslist part that does not fit your plan is not a good deal.

EG: buying a 3000 stall converter because it was for sale, even thou you wanted a more radical motor ( big cam duration/tunnel ram) that needs a converter with a higher stall.
Same with gears.
Heads aernt a "sale" item, speed shop in Montreal, dart SHP 200, Spent alot of reading time on the bullet for some real world testing and for the cash they seem to be the real deal. 465$ each, assembled, all American parts.....converter, yes....was a sale item off kijiji, but 2800-3200 is kinda where I wanted to be anyways, as for gear, I haven't bought yet, but was liking where a 456 puts me rpm wise at 100kph.....which for the amount of commuting I do is important. I get its a compromise, and nothing is free. Ultimately i am like anyone else, I need to be able to drive it, and am more then willing to deal with rpm, noise, heat, etc as long as it fits a reasonable budget, and is a brutal as i can get based on the above info....if I could afford it I would have more head, more cam, more gear, .....but I can't, so i want as much as i can afford lol. Soooo......still wanna help me pick a cam based on these heads, converter and gear? Lol
Dave