Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Opinion on Holley 670 street avenger pics inside
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 07:59 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Opinion on Holley 670 street avenger pics inside

Hello guys a different subject here. I got a reman holley 670 street avenger off of ebay from a company called allstate carburetors and I did some research and they seem to be really good.

Anyways I got my carburetor today and it looks like a brand new carb but I have a few concerns and I hope there is nothing wrong with it. I have put up some photos and there is a white powdery stuff all over the carb and its really noticeable inside the tower.

Is this just from some sort of stuff they use to polish the carb or something and its left over or what? I notice all holley carbs when purchased brand new they are all like that but mine has a lot on it.

I took it apart and the metering blocks seem to look the same as also inside the fuel bowls. Also under the base plate on the bottom they seem to have installed an air bleed of some sorts right in the middle and why would that be there?

I have never seen a holley carb with an air bleed there and all of my other carbs I have ever had just had the little hole there. Hope some once can let me know.
Thanks
Eric
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic 5.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	50100   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic 6.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	50101   Click image for larger version