Hot Rod Forum banner

opinions on best carb for my set up

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  keithrock 
#1 ·
thanks guys, here's the specs

350/TH350 .60 bore, hypereutectic pistons, aprox 10-1 comp, accel HEI, victor jr intake, 2.02 1.60 #186 64 CC double hump heads bowl ported ss valves, crower 1.6 roller rockers, crower 306 D 550 L cam, 3000 stall, dana 60 3.55, headman headers, dual flows

#8 ·
Yes, Listen to 1975Blue! That is your best bet.

Some say that a 750 is too big for a 350. That is BS.

You will here the carb manufacturers say that the 600 cfm is sufficient. It is if you have a grocery getter. But if you bury the pedal, you need a 750. Been there, done that.

If you still decide to go with a smaller carb, I have my 600 cfm for sale.

#11 ·
I would have to agree with Tech @ BG. You do understand that is Barry Grant right. I have a feeling he does this for a living, and probably has a pretty good idea.

From experience, I can say that a well tuned 750 DP Holley is hard to beat on the street. If you go with mechanical secondaries, I think the 650 is the best choice. Many will argue that you need more carb, but I believe most people over carb engines.

Chris

#13 ·
With the higher stall speed, low compression, and larger intake a smaller mechanical secondary carburetor would generally give better throttle response, and drivability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.