opinions on Slick 50 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2002, 01:07 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post opinions on Slick 50

I respect you all's mechanical know-how so I have to ask: Do you think Slick 50 is helpful, or in the long run harmful?

The guy who rebuilt my motor has never steered me wrong before, and he doesn't like Slick 50. He says the only thing you should put in a crankcase is oil.

I myself have used it, and i think it helps.

The guy I bought my car from (and who did a lot of almost free work keeping it running *after* I bought it--nice guy!) says he thinks Slick 50 is great.

What do you all think?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2002, 02:19 PM

WAYOUT: We had an oil filtration expert in our office for training. Somone in the class asked him about oil additives. His suggestion was to use synthetic motor oil like Mobil One. When asked about Slick 50 he said put it in one time that is all that you will ever need to do. I have followed that advise and when I put on a new shiny intake manifold the valley was clean as could be when I took off the orginal cast iron unit. It cost more but you get more. An intersting comment that he did make was to buy OEM filters at a dealer because they have to meet the OEM testing requirements, the rejects go to WALMART!!! Dave E Shank

[ July 26, 2002: Message edited by: Dave E Shank ]</p>
Old 07-26-2002, 04:53 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Slick 50 is certified for aircraft use and the FAA has a detailed test report of the effectiveness of the product, the report details the fact that the additive could not be removed from metal parts even using high power/frequency ultrasound. If the FAA says it is safe to use I would say that should be good enough, those guys are the most retentive types you will ever see...thank god.
Old 07-26-2002, 05:53 PM
Be American, Buy American!

Hey WOC, I used slick 50 my 92 cougar 3.8 ... I bought this car new, after I ran it for 4000 miles, I changed the oil and put a qt. of slick fifty in. I traded the car in this year after nearly 100,000 miles. The salesman could not believe how quiet the engine ran with that many miles. The engine was still as tight as new, did not burn any oil, and the fuel economy was great. I recomend it or even better than slick 50 is Duralube, and yes I agree with using synthetic oil

lol Al

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.