Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Oppinions EQ lightening heads and EQ vortec heads
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 05:18 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Oppinions EQ lightening heads and EQ vortec heads

Hey guys I was just wantin to see what your oppinions are on the EQ line of heads, I was looking at a set of them on ebay.... Seems like a great price but I just don't know about the quality. I'm looking for something around the 200-220cc runner.
I looked at the flow #'s on Shaver's site, and they are pretty impressive but how is the rest of the head ??? As we know flow isn't everything.. How are the port designs, and velocity, atomization and the chamber/burn characteristics?? Anyone running these??

I know that appearently no one is a fan of the PC heads, But from what I hear thier revised line has come a long way from the old version... I talked to a tech from Skip White's shop, and the dyno sheets they sent me were pretty impressive... 507 HP with the PC 210/64cc on a 406 sbc with the same CR and similar cam as mine was quite persuasive, and 537 HP on the CNC 220/70cc on the same motor on premium pump gas both were under 6000 r's!!!!

I still am not completely convinced so I'm keepin my options open and the EQ's look appealing too for the $$$$.. I need heads for my 355 and my 406, both have lunati cams the 355 has the bracket master II 300/300, and the 406 has the 60105 voodoo cam... Both are about the same operating range.

I have a 425 horse zz4 short block too that came with the cam in it from GM performance that I'm gonna start soon, so engine specs are kind of irrelevent. I'm just looking for an overall run down of thier (EQ's) products.... Mainly the 200/64, 220/64, and the vortecs.... Any advice but preferrably expierience you guys could share would be appreciated...... Thanks
D