Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Oppinions EQ lightening heads and EQ vortec heads
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 09:58 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

From the flow numbers I've read on Stan Weiss' page (google stan weiss cylinder head flow for ANY SBC or other make flow figures at various valve lifts) the EQ heads suffer from a poor exhaust port. I/E ratios are in the 60% range at .300" lift and above- pretty poor in my opinion for an aftermarket head. I am REALLY interested in the RHS Torquer (their vortec casting w/ 2.02 valves) but their testing on a 4.2" bore is really and I mean really suspect. I would be very interested to see a 4.030 bore and the corresponding flow numbers. NOT that flow numbers mean everything but they are there for a reason. With out these numbers and the EQ's lackluster exhaust port, I would lean more to the Vortec Bowtie 180's or regular vortecs. But I have nothing against the Pro-Comps, as long as the machine work is tollerable and you don't have to dish out more $$$ for correcting flaws- great price, I know that but as we all know in this hobby/buisness/profession- you get what you pay for.

Eric, I could be wrong, but I thought EQ was a totally different company than RHS or even former Pro-Topline? Because Pro-Topline was an Aussie company which Comp Parts Group bought out.