Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Oppinions EQ lightening heads and EQ vortec heads
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 10:26 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well either way

Either way I'm looking at under 700 shipped, pc's or eq's...

Are you guys familiar with shaver's performance?? I'm tryin to figure out why his co. raves about how good the EQ heads are but he doesn't offer any of his crate engines with the EQ's on them??? Go figure.

I'd like to find somone thats running the eq's and see how much power they're makin. I too have heard about the mediocre exhaust flow, but my cam and rockers should compensate for that.... If not I'll break out the grinder!!

But White's performance is making 418HP with the PC heads A 5800 rpms with a stock 350, 9.5:1 cr, and a crane Hyd FT cam that is much smaller then the voodoo I have in my 406 and smaller then the bracket master in my 355.... I think either of my engines would surpass that # @ 10.5:1 CR and a more aggressive cam..... The 418 is on thier stage 1 crate engines.... The sheets and videos running mid 11's and driving to and from the track were quite convincing.

I can't run vortec on my 355 because of the domes that are in it.... I could on my 406, but I like the sound of 500+ HP compared to MABEY the 435 you could get from vortecs....