Originally Posted by 1981zapper
I was told to go Internal Balanced because the external Balanced had some problems with lots of stress on the crank snout and resulting to cracking the snout, I just want something for the street, Iím not looking to make all the HP and TQ out there, when I do the compression calculator Iím getting 9.75:1 this will this motor be able to run on 91 Octane?
- Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold #37011
- Edelbrock Performer RPM Cylinder Heads # 608919 (64 CC)
- Howards Cams Retro-Fit Hydraulic Roller Cam (Lift 225 int./231 exh Duration @ .50 225 int./231 exh)
- Professional Products SFI PowerForce Plus Harmonic #90000
Scat Engine Rotating Assembly kit # 1-41305BI
- Scat Forged 4340 steel Crank
- Scat I-Beam Forged 4340 steel Rods (5.7 )
- Forged aluminum Floating Dish, with two valve Pistons (+21.00cc)
- Rod Bearings
That balancer will fly apart, they're known POS
The heads really arent that great for the money IMO
Hyper pistons will work just fine on the street.
A cast crank will work just fine
You have way too much money spent on the wrong parts and not enough on the right parts.
FWIW you can get over 400hp with a stock 350 with heads, cam, intake, and headers, a very mild and driveable 400hp too.