Hot Rod Forum banner

Ordered a Bend Pak HD9STX 4-post lift today

13K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  AntnyL 
#1 ·
Woohoo! No more working on my back, and I get an extra parking spot for the next project. I ordered it with installation too, it's not something I want to experiment with. Shoud be here in about 2 weeks. Pics to follow. I'm as excited as a leetle guuuuurrrrrrrrrl! :D

#3 ·
Not yet....it'll be delivered to the installer's yard in about 2 weeks, then brought here a few days later to be installed. I can't wait! I have a '33 Ford pickup project to get started on and need the lift.

I ordered mine with the 110-volt motor option. Do I need to prep anything special for it, or for the air safety release mechanism? I have an electric panel right where it's going, as well as a centrally piped compressed air pipe. I guess I should ask my installing contractor, huh? lol.

Ant

#4 ·
It arrived!

OK, the Bend Pak lift arrived, right on schedule, delivered by the installing contractor. It took them all of about 2 hours to unpack it all, assemble and test it. I thought it was more complicated than it actually was, but I'm still glad that I hired a pro to install it. For something like this, why take a chance?

Anyway, here are a few pics. I ran it up and down a few times, and I must say this thing seems pretty solidly built, for Chinese junk. lol.

I'll report back in a few months after I've had to chance to cycle it a bunch of times.

Here it all is on the installer's trailer.

Installation starts with 2 posts and a cross-rail.....

Next step is the same for the other 2 posts and cross-rail, then install one of the tracks.....

Add the 2nd track, install all the cables and hoses.....

And voila! I just added a parking spot for another vehicle into my garage! Maybe I'll get 1 more so I can squeeze yet another toy into the garage! Hah!

Now I can get started on my '33 Ford PU project this weekend! Woot!! :) :welcome:

#6 ·
:) I was thinking of getting one of these 4 posters but do you find that the 110Volt is enough power? I would think that the hoist would be rather slow going up. What is the maximum height under the hoist when you have a vehicle on it? I'm rather tall and find that a lot of hoists are limited in headroom. :smash:

#7 ·
27Tall T said:
:) I was thinking of getting one of these 4 posters but do you find that the 110Volt is enough power? I would think that the hoist would be rather slow going up. What is the maximum height under the hoist when you have a vehicle on it? I'm rather tall and find that a lot of hoists are limited in headroom. :smash:
The difference between the 110v and 220v in terms of lift time is about 10 seconds, not enough to me to warrant running a new 220v circuit.

This is the "extended" model (model #HD9STX), which has a clearance of approximately 78 inches from the floor to the underside of the crossmembers. Plenty high to fit a full-size vehicle under it.

A

#8 ·
CALI4N1A said:
looks good! Glad you have a PT -anything larger looks like it wouldn't fit.
In the picture, the lift still had another 24 inches or so of lift yet to go. I only raised it high enough to get the PT in under it. Total vertical clearance is 78 inches. The height of my truck is 68 inches to the tippy top curvature of the roof. Plenty fine for me. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.