Hot Rod Forum banner

Oregon hot rodders???

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  1971BB427 
#1 ·
Just wonderin if any of you fellers are up here in Oregon! Gimme a shout brotheren.
By the way I though it would be fun to have a by state section to meet other Rodders in your state.

#5 ·
I am not aware of a state wide site as such, but I have a friend that will probably know. I know we are having a poker run and spaghetti feed here in Grants Pass in early Dec I belive it will be on the 8th. It is a fundraiser that Ratrod-O-Rama is putting on to raise money for the American Legion. It funny, the american legion raises so much money for other organizations, but can't fund raise for itself, its a stupid and weird rule, but alas we are smarter than that, since Ratrod Ray who puts Ratrod-O-Rama every year (I run security for the event) and I are both Legion members, we just use Ratrod-O-Rama to raise the money. Semantics are so dumb!!

Well if any of you are coming down to Grants Pass let me know, we have a Dairy Queen meet every friday night that is just community wide you see every kind of vehicle there! I woud be there right now, but my gas tank is on the ground so its not movin.

#10 ·
Well I'm up north in Portland area with Badrat, and I too am one of those fair weather drivers. I probably put more miles on my hotrods each year than most people put on their regular cars, but I do have a couple that don't see much rain if I can avoid it!
And I don't own a car trailer. I do borrow one when I race my street legal gasser occasionally.

#15 ·
In Oregon it's almost always cold when it's wet! ;)
It was in the high 40's at the time, and miserable with no wipers on my gasser! But had to try and see what happened when I got off the freeway and stopped at a light. They hooked much better than I expected and the little car got moving with very little tire spin.

#19 ·
My previous tires were MT Sportsmans, and they didn't hook up in wet or dry conditions. I could smoke them forever if I wanted to keep my foot in the throttle, and 1st-2nd shifts were scarey! The short wheelbase Austin would jump sideways on a 1-2 shift, and get completely out of control.
I still have them on my '71 Camaro, but the longer wheelbase makes it more driveable under power, but they still don't hook up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.