Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   Oregon hot rodders??? (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/oregon-hot-rodders-224928.html)

59RAMBLERSUPERWAGON 10-11-2012 10:51 PM

Oregon hot rodders???

Just wonderin if any of you fellers are up here in Oregon! Gimme a shout brotheren.
By the way I though it would be fun to have a by state section to meet other Rodders in your state.

Bad Rat 10-12-2012 11:44 AM

I'm In Oregon,, but a full state width apart,,, I'm in the Portland area,,, :D

prostreet6t9 10-12-2012 12:14 PM

Salem Here.. :)

xxllmm4 10-12-2012 01:38 PM

Cornelius here, btw, anyone know of a good state wide website that lists car shows and cruise in's?

I was pretty late in gettin my truck done this year but I need to find some places to go with my son before winter.

59RAMBLERSUPERWAGON 10-12-2012 06:42 PM

I am not aware of a state wide site as such, but I have a friend that will probably know. I know we are having a poker run and spaghetti feed here in Grants Pass in early Dec I belive it will be on the 8th. It is a fundraiser that Ratrod-O-Rama is putting on to raise money for the American Legion. It funny, the american legion raises so much money for other organizations, but can't fund raise for itself, its a stupid and weird rule, but alas we are smarter than that, since Ratrod Ray who puts Ratrod-O-Rama every year (I run security for the event) and I are both Legion members, we just use Ratrod-O-Rama to raise the money. Semantics are so dumb!!

Well if any of you are coming down to Grants Pass let me know, we have a Dairy Queen meet every friday night that is just community wide you see every kind of vehicle there! I woud be there right now, but my gas tank is on the ground so its not movin.

TonkaYJ 10-13-2012 09:31 AM

Clackamas Or

Clackamas here

Bad Rat 10-13-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Rat (Post 1598485)
I'm In Oregon,, but a full state width apart,,, I'm in the Portland area,,, :D

Actually In Beaverton

We have one of those DQ gathering every friday evening,, on nice days,, and usually have a large turn out, but since the monsoon rains have arrived,, I think its pretty much over till spring,, indoor shows coming up now,,,,

http://www.route26cruisers.com/NW%20Car%20Showst.htm

http://www.pdxcarculture.com/

chevynut 10-13-2012 03:20 PM

Canby here.:thumbup:

59RAMBLERSUPERWAGON 10-13-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Rat (Post 1598727)
Actually In Beaverton

We have one of those DQ gathering every friday evening,, on nice days,, and usually have a large turn out, but since the monsoon rains have arrived,, I think its pretty much over till spring,, indoor shows coming up now,,,,

Route 26 Cruisers

PDX Car Culture > Home

Sissy fair weather Rodders hahaha, I blow exhaust in you general direction, Haha!

It is Oregon people, if you don't drive your car because it might rain, your only gona have 5 or 6 days out of the year to drive,,, enclosed trailer queens. Haha.

Says the poor bastard who can't afford a car worth garaging.

1971BB427 10-14-2012 04:44 PM

Well I'm up north in Portland area with Badrat, and I too am one of those fair weather drivers. I probably put more miles on my hotrods each year than most people put on their regular cars, but I do have a couple that don't see much rain if I can avoid it!
And I don't own a car trailer. I do borrow one when I race my street legal gasser occasionally.

xxllmm4 10-14-2012 07:43 PM

I guess you could call me a fair weather rodder also, Drag radials with rain and cold DO NOT MIX its like driving on ice, seriously. I might get another set of rims so I can mount some all seasons on it :)

59RAMBLERSUPERWAGON 10-14-2012 11:10 PM

I hope you guys know I'm just teasing you all...

1971BB427 10-15-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxllmm4 (Post 1599186)
I guess you could call me a fair weather rodder also, Drag radials with rain and cold DO NOT MIX its like driving on ice, seriously. I might get another set of rims so I can mount some all seasons on it :)

Not to get too OT, but my M&H drag radials work great in the rain! I've been caught out with them on a rainy day, and was impressed with how they hook.

xxllmm4 10-15-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Not to get too OT, but my M&H drag radials work great in the rain! I've been caught out with them on a rainy day, and was impressed with how they hook.
Just curious was it cold and wet or just wet? I have a set of Nitto Drag radials. Their fine in the wet but if its cold out forget about it.

1971BB427 10-15-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxllmm4 (Post 1599442)
Just curious was it cold and wet or just wet? I have a set of Nitto Drag radials. Their fine in the wet but if its cold out forget about it.

In Oregon it's almost always cold when it's wet! ;)
It was in the high 40's at the time, and miserable with no wipers on my gasser! But had to try and see what happened when I got off the freeway and stopped at a light. They hooked much better than I expected and the little car got moving with very little tire spin.