Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Organization of Hotrodders Bulletin Board
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 02:43 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Aha! An opening for debate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerrodsmike
having trouble sleeping, eh Grouch?
It's those [censored] state tax instructions with the logic of a legislature: Tip -- For the first person (yourself) listed on the return, use SSN boxes labeled B to enter your SSN. For the second person (spouse) listed on the return, use SSN boxes labeled A to enter your spouse's SSN. B is first? A is second?

Quote:
Ok i can simplify this so that even I can understand....

Make one big category. call it hotrodders.com.
WWW organization:
1. hotrodders.com
2. miscellaneous

That first box is a big one, so we need smaller boxes in it to break it down.

Quote:
It will be easy for me. It'll be organized just like my shop.
Sooooo... you have [shop] and [everything else], at least. Does [milling machine] land in [shop] or [else.kitchen]? If it's in [shop], do you have [shop.carlift.milling machine] or does it land on [shop.floor]? The point being that even the most disorganized looking shop has some organization about it, even if it's not apparent to anyone but the shop user.

Quote:
Nice job Grouch
Thanks. (Are you setting me up for a sucker punch?)

Quote:
I think if the suspension forum had frame added or we added a frame/ structural engineering forum for all of those fabrication questions it would be good. ( to me 'frame" is the bare structure and "chassis" is the complete assembly of suspension and steering parts.
Just like Henry Highrise pointed out, a frame is a part of a chassis -- it is logically a subcategory of the major category.

My basic argument is that we have subcategories defined without the major categories to which they logically belong. Suspension - Brakes - Steering is one glaring example. Those are 3 subcategories of a chassis, but there is no chassis. On the other hand, we have 2 miscellaneous areas.